Routing on TomTom ONE XL with 6.75 maps

I was wondering if someone with an XL could check a route for me. I'm just curious if it with it's newer maps give different results than I've seen on my ONE and other devices. Occasionally a device will return the most logical route. I might just return the ONE and get the XL if it does a better job.

Germantown, MD to 525 A St NE, Washington, DC

Thanks for the help.

My ONE v1 routes it just fine. What exactly do you want to know?

It exits Hwy 66 at E Street Expwy - Virgina Av - 19th St. - Constitution Av. all the way across town.

Thanks

Thanks for the quick response.

Does it take the George Washington Pkwy or Cabin John after 495? After driving the route myself a few times I learned that the fastest way to go is GW Pkwy, to 395. This skips driving through downtown DC. Google Maps and Mapquest get this right. I even saw a TomTom 510 get it right in the store and then I bought one and that one didn't get it. :) Odd.

Are you using a ONE or the XL? I'm really curious if 6.75 makes any difference.

Thanks again!

Thanks for the quick response.

Does it take the George Washington Pkwy or Cabin John after 495? After driving the route myself a few times I learned that the fastest way to go is GW Pkwy, to 395. This skips driving through downtown DC. Google Maps and Mapquest get this right. I even saw a TomTom 510 get it right in the store and then I bought one and that one didn't get it. :) Odd.

Are you using a ONE or the XL? I'm really curious if 6.75 makes any difference.

Thanks again!

Just build an itinerary for that particular route and specify the road(s) you want to take. Works great.

I thought about using an itinerary, but it just bothers me that it's choosing such a poor route. Makes me question other routes that I know little about.

So 6.5 is good, 6.65 is bad. I've read the complaints about 6.65. Maybe the 6.75 will do a better job? I was running 6.0XX on my Treo and it goes Cabin John.

Anyone out there with 6.75??

Thanks for the responses.

Ask a Question