Is there any way to edit Tomtom's routing preferences by road type?

Hello there!

I was wondering. Someone I used to work for has a RoadAngel - and on that it's possible to edit one's routing preferences over 5 different types of road - motorways, dual carriageways, A roads, B roads and others - over 5 different degrees of 'likeness'.

Is there any way that I can do the same on my Tomtom? I'd really very much like it to weight A and B roads equally, but can't find any means to do so nor anything on the interwebs about it.

I've no qualms if the process isn't user friendly, I'm something of a geek and love getting my hands dirty so to speak.

Welcome to TTF

On full menu models, there is the capability of (once a route is calculated by TT) to Avoid part of route or Travel via.

As well, under planning preferences, there are choices such as Avoid Unpaved Roads, Avoid Highways, and Select roads under a certain speed limit.

But there isn't the functionality to always treat one roadway like another as far as I know.

You can change the speed limits for a specific road BUT TT will not take the adjusted speed limit into consideration when planning a route (and establishing an ETA).

Ask a Question