Rider 2nd Edition Blue Tooth Problems

TomTom Model(s)
Rider 2nd Edition
Does anyone know which Blue Tooth Motorcycle Headsets work properly with the TomTom Rider 2nd Edition?

I have a Nolan Crash Helmet which has the N-Com Kit 2 Blue Tooth adapter fitted and although I can hear the TomTom audio through the headset I cannot adjust the volume to the headset using the volume controls on the TomTom. It is permanently set at full volume even when the volume is set to 5% on the TomTom.:eek:

The volume control can be adjusted on the N-Com, but then it is too quiet to hear the Pillion through the Intercom connection.:(

Is this a problem with the Nolan Blue Tooth Kit 2 not being compatible with the TomTom Rider 2nd edition?

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Cheers

Spannermonkey

You might want to check with Nolan and see what they say. I know that the Rider has been specifically set up to use the Cardo Scala Rider systems. I have the Q2 and it works great.

Also, recheck in your TT manual on pairing of Bluetooth devices. There are two ways of accomplishing this in the pref's: 1) connect to headset and, 2). Bluetooth preferences.

The volume control used on the Rider itself only controls the volume of GPS voice instructions, it does not control the volume of rider voice to passenger or music.

Also ensure you have the most recent application on your Rider, tap on the satellite bar and the next screen will give you that info.

Cheers

Last edited:
Phone volume adjustment

The volume for phone calls can be adjusted independently of voice instructions but only during a call. You can bring up the adjustment slider by touching the bottom left of the screen once a phone call has been established. Let us know if this helps.

Volume Adjustment Not Working

Thanks for the help, but the problem I am having is that I cannot adjust the volume for any of the audio outputs from the TomTom.

So the voice directions remain at full volume in my earpiece even when the volume slider on the TomTom is set to 10%.

The volume slider has apsolutely no effect on the sound.:mad:

Cheers

Spannermonkey

I've paired my Rider2 to my Jabra BT500 and had the ability to control the volume, etc...

I have the Cardo ScalaRider Q2 Multiset. You cannot adjust the volume using the Rider itself (expcept for voice instruction and phone). Infact, in the Cardo manual, it tells you exactally that. FM radio, rider to pillion/other rider volume is controlled with the buttons on the Q2 unit. MP3 volume has to be set using the MP3 itself.

Perhaps each BT unit works differently.

Not sure if it would make any diff, but ensure you have the latest application on your Rider. I do believe it is 7.901

Cheers

Does anyone know which Blue Tooth Motorcycle Headsets work properly with the TomTom Rider 2nd Edition?

I have a Nolan Crash Helmet which has the N-Com Kit 2 Blue Tooth adapter fitted and although I can hear the TomTom audio through the headset I cannot adjust the volume to the headset using the volume controls on the TomTom. It is permanently set at full volume even when the volume is set to 5% on the TomTom.:eek:

The volume control can be adjusted on the N-Com, but then it is too quiet to hear the Pillion through the Intercom connection.:(

Is this a problem with the Nolan Blue Tooth Kit 2 not being compatible with the TomTom Rider 2nd edition?

Any help would be appreciated on this.

Cheers

Spannermonkey

I have the Nolan NCom helmet. I wanted to purchase a NCom head set. The catalog indicates there is a special NCom set for TomTom. I decided to keep my money in my pocket and use the Scala that came with the TomTom.

The only problem is that I am not able to use the microphone on the Scala when dialnig with the TomTom. But, I had no problem pairing my Motorola VA76r and the Scala headphones with the Tom Tom 2nd. ed. The TomTom receives calls intended for my cell phone with no problem. I don't see the microphone problem as a show stopper because I won't be making calls with the Tom Tom anyway. I'll use my cell phone instead.
When receiving calls while riding I just note who's calling and refuse the call. That way my cell phone takes over and answers the call and saves it to my voice mail.:)

I have the Cardo ScalaRider Q2 Multiset. You cannot adjust the volume using the Rider itself (expcept for voice instruction and phone). Infact, in the Cardo manual, it tells you exactally that. FM radio, rider to pillion/other rider volume is controlled with the buttons on the Q2 unit. MP3 volume has to be set using the MP3 itself.

Perhaps each BT unit works differently.

Not sure if it would make any diff, but ensure you have the latest application on your Rider. I do believe it is 7.901

Cheers

Could you confirm that you are able to adjust the volume of the voice instruction using the Rider ? did you male a test recently ? I have a Rider V2 , software 7.901 and a Scala Rider Q2, and i am trying to solve this issue since many months with the Scala and Tomtom aftersales. From my understanting it's IMPOSSIBLE to adjust the volume using the Rider command. Rider and Q2 are NOT COMPATIBLE for this feature.

Cheers

PC

I am having similar problems with my recently purchased Rider V2 and my existing Cardo Teamset. I can set the volume to less than 100% on the Rider but after a short while, 2 voice instructions from the Rider, it automatically increases to 100% without any intervention from me and stays there. This happens even if I am stationary or even indoors. I am running the latest navcore (7.901) and the latest GB maps (835).

I have exactly the same problem with the teamset (resetting to 100%). I didnt have the problem with the rider headset supplied with the tomtom though

Ask a Question