Rider 2 questions

Hi All,

I just got my TomTom Rider 2. I read the manual but still have some questions and I'm hoping someone can help. I looked around and didn't see these questions on the forum, so my apologies if they have already been answered.

Is there a way to create routes on my computer (with the route planner, google maps or any other program) and send them to the GPS? (Whole route, not just destination)

Is there a way to save a traveled ride? Can it be transferred to my computer?

Thanks,

CJ

Last edited:
You can connect to HOME and use the built in itinarary planner, thats what I often do. You can also just do it right on the GPS, but its nice having a big screen to do it on via your puter monitor. When doing this, just make sure you go back thru all of the waypoints and change "destination" to "waypoint" before you save the trip.

Cheers!

I looked for it and didn't see that, are you getting to it via "Operate My Rider" ?
When I click that it connects to my device but tells me I have no maps. I DO have maps installed, because if I click "Manage my Rider" in the maps folder I have "USA And Canada."

Any thoughts on recording where I've been, or is that not possible?

CJ.

Last edited:
Ahh...ok, many have that problem whereby you cant connect to "operate my rider". Firstly check to see that you have the latest application version. What map version are you running?. Have you clicked on update my rider on HOME? You can also try a soft reset, but I dont think that will help you. I assume you have registered your Rider and set up an account, this is a must. Go to www.tomtom.com select your country and download the latest version of HOME in the event your version is old (even though it is supposed to auto update). Try this link:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7546/kw/latest version of HOME

For your specific issue of No Maps Found, try this link:

http://us.support.tomtom.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/10076/kw/latest version of HOME/sno/1

To check your application version, tap on the satellite bar in the lower right hand corner of the GPS screen. The next screen will show you the version (I belive that 7.901 is the latest). Then touch that part of the screen and see what map you are running. I think the v845 is the most current for the Rider2.

If you have purchased your Rider within the last 30 days, you are entitled to upgrade to the latest map using the LMG (latest map guarentee). Many report that when you select that option in HOME, it states you have the latest map, when indeed you do not. The best solution is to call TT support, be prepared to fax them a sales reciept and they will then provide you with the latest map through your HOME.

Generally it is a map/application version preventing the Operate my Rider feature from working.

As far as the Rider tracking where you have been, no, it wont do that (to the best of my knowledge).

Give these things a whirl and let us know how you make out.

I have had my Rider2 on my VStrom for a couple of years now and love it. As with all GPS's, there are often glitches to overcome.

Hopefully this info works a solution for you. When all said and done, make sure you put your map version, application version and your location into your signature line. This is helpful for those reading your posts.

Cheers!

Last edited:
I opened a support case and worked with them on it. Basically they concluded that there is a bug in Home 2 that the developers are working on and plan to release a fix for. So I'll purse using Tyre for now.

Thanks for the help guys.

CJ

Ok, that map is a couple of versions old. It is very likely you would gain access to the "Operate my Rider" by going to the latest map, which I think right now would be the 845. I dont know why some older map versions fail to function with the Operate my Rider, but many owners state after a map upgrade, they gain use of that feature.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Any idea where I can find out what other features I'd have/get with the newer map? Is it basically just updated map info?

CJ.

Ask a Question