Rider 2 Questions

LDR

I am a new member and a new user of the TomTom Rider 2. I have some questions that I would like to ask.

Why are there no motorcycle dealership POIs?
Why am I limited to 8K when I try to create a motorcycle POI list?
Can the list be created off line without having to go through all the steps on the TomTom Home page?
Is there any way to synch the bluetooth feature to a mobile phone not on the list?

I'll start with these but probably will have more as I get more familiar.

I am a new member and a new user of the TomTom Rider 2. I have some questions that I would like to ask.

Welcome, there are a few of us here with Riders.

Why are there no motorcycle dealership POIs?

Good Question???

Why am I limited to 8K when I try to create a motorcycle POI list?

I haven't dabbled with POI's yet, but if you ask in the POI forum, someone may create one for you.
Can the list be created off line without having to go through all the steps on the TomTom Home page?

See Above.

Is there any way to synch the bluetooth feature to a mobile phone not on the list?

Syncing to a phone is as easy as getting the two to pair. I've had no problem with my Motorola E815, but I'm not sure what list it is that you're speaking of. You need to set them to discover each other, then key the 0000 code (if you've not ever changed it) when it wants the access code to create the link.

I'll start with these but probably will have more as I get more familiar.

I asked the support group about motorcycle shops as well. If I'm in the middle of nowhere and my bike starts cutting out I couldn't care less where the closest Lexus dealership is. I've never seen a rider with a set of golf clubs(golf courses) on his bike or a bike pulling a boat(marina's). I think they just took the standard POI's from their car models without a thought that a motorcycle rider might be interested in different POI's.

Ask a Question