ReverseItn Install

TomTom Model(s)
Can someone tell me how to install reverseitn in my 920. I have the icon installed but when I tap it, I go back to first screen....Tks.

Can someone tell me how to install reverseitn in my 920. I have the icon installed but when I tap it, I go back to first screen....Tks.
If your unit has recent firmware (anything that starts with an 8, such as 8.010 or 8.350), this application will no longer work on your unit. TomTom broke the hooks that the 3rd party folks were using for development of their applications. The author of reverseitn has, so far, only made versions of TripMaster and OffRoadNavigator that still function with recent TomTom firmware.

See here for his compatibility chart:

Le Web Bazar !!! Applications Tomtom !!!

jimmyt5 - GOOD news. ReverseITN has just been re-released with fixes for the newer TomTom firmware. You can find it as version 2.0 at Webazar.

If you miss this post, I've sent you a PM and email.

Once an itinerary is set out and saved, some users like the opportunity to come back through the same waypoints as the outbound journey. This application will apparently do that for them.

It will take an existing itinerary (which is stored as an *.itn file), reverse it, and store it for use for making the same trip in reverse. It stores the new "reversed" itinerary using the same name with the prefix "rev_". It's really just a simple program for flipping the contents of the file upside down and storing it again, but for some folks, that can be very handy.

So does it make route adjustments to deal with divided highways, one-ways and freeway entry ramps? Just curious. For example, if one of your waypoints was an Interstate Rest Area going East, and you're of course returning Westbound, does it ignore that one? Traditionally, trying to exactly reverse your route for a return trip is problematic in many cases.

So does it make route adjustments to deal with divided highways, one-ways and freeway entry ramps? Just curious. For example, if one of your waypoints was an Interstate Rest Area going East, and you're of course returning Westbound, does it ignore that one? Traditionally, trying to exactly reverse your route for a return trip is problematic in many cases.
It's just flipping backwards the ITN file your originally created. Routing of the reversed itinerary will be to the exact same points you originally specified. So if you select for waypoints on the right side of the interstate on the outbound trip, you will be enjoying the fine food there on the way home, too. Yeah, that could be a nuisance. Then again, didn't you just love those Stuckey's in the old days?:eek:

Gee, when I was a CHILD, I remember my parents driving through the South and stopping at those places. They were great!

So, yeah, how OLD are you, gator? :D

Ask a Question