Restore Problem

My SD card is damaged; I have a new 1GB card which shows clean and formatted.
I reset the GPS and it turns on OK. I have Software 1.5 on my XP computer. When I ask it to restore from the latest backup it starts, the hourglass shows, but he progress bar just sits at zero even after 5 or 6 minutes.

Perhaps someone has a detailed list of things to pay attention to.

I would appreciate any suggestions; my patience is slipping away.

wa1rfn

I reset the GPS and it turns on OK. I have Software 1.5 on my XP computer. When I ask it to restore from the latest backup it starts, the hourglass shows, but he progress bar just sits at zero even after 5 or 6 minutes.

wa1rfn

Sounds like you've already made a backup of your TomTom software before the SD card got damaged....that is very good.

My suggestion is to simply use Windows Explorer to copy all of the backup files directly to your TomTom.

Your backup files can be found in the following location:
C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\GO\Backup01\

The \GO folder may now be a \ONE folder as TomTom has recently changed their storage location. That location would be:
C:\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Backup\ONE\Backup01\

Copy all files and folders within the \Backup01 directory directly to the root of your TomTom (NOTE: do not copy the \Backup01 folder itself, only the files and folders under it)

wa1rfn
Why bother using an SD card with the same capacity as the internal memory?

Ask a Question