TT1v2 backup restore problem?

M_J

I've read multiple threads about restoring a TT1 and getting no progress with the restore. One response mentioned it had to do with the version of the application on the TT.

I experienced the no progress with the restore after formatting the SD card. Then I installed the latest application and home was able to do this without a hitch. But, I still couldn't get the restore to get anywhere, even though it was the same application that was on the backup.

I even tried different cables, restarted the TT, reinstalled the SD into the slot etc. no go.

As a curiousity I removed the SD card from the TT and put it into the built-in reader on my laptop and TTHome recognized the card as a TT, probably because it contained the application. And....... the restore function worked!

I would guess that this might also work if you are using an external card reader, but I haven't tried it.

So, if you have reformatted your card and can't get the backup restore to work, try loading the application via Home while the TT is plugged in, then take the card out and see if it will complete the backup restore.

good luck. j

Backup and restoring is too important a task to leave in the hands of a flakey program like Home.

Stick to Windows Explorer and just copy the files to the location of your choice. Much simpler and safer.

Ask a Question