reburished item without produce code?

Hi,

I bought a reburished tomtom go 700 but it comes wtih no product code. If there any way to connect tomtom website for map's updating without the product code ?

tks

All map purchase/ activation is done via the TomTom Home software which you can download for free from the TomTom web site, the old product code system is no longer used - Mike

tks bro. That means I don't need the product code anymore. May I have two more questions :

1. What's content of the installation CD from the original tomtom 700 ?

2. The one I bought have 7.x map pre-installed, may I update the map through tomtom home software or I have to buy a license from tomtom again ?

The CD would have contained the earlier version of Home and the (then latest) application for the unit.

You can download both for free from TomTom's web site and, after updating the application for the 700, purchase the newest map for the 700 using Home.

But wait a few days since the next map is due shortly for all models.

sorry, i have confusion what you just said, it's pre-installed navcore and eur map with ver 7.xx
what's the latest map version for free upgrade from tomtomt home ?

1. May I know where to d/l the tomtomt home software ?

2. For connecting to the tomtom home software, just plug in and use the home software for free upgrade the navcore and maps without doing anything ?

3. if it is free upgrade then why i have to buy the latest map for 700 ?

You can upgrade the application for free to the latest version (7.903). This is done via Tomtom HOME and DHN's earlier link.

Tomtom maps aren't free. You get a single free update to the latest map (within the first month of purchase) when you purchase a new 2007 or later Tomtom, but the GO 700 is a 2005 model and doesn't qualify for that promo.

You can purchase new maps (currently 835, but 840 should be available any day now) via Tomtom HOME.

thank you all.

I have just found the tomtom go 700 can only recognise first three digit of zip code for search.
Is it somewhere to adjust the setting in it or it's a programming bug ?

tks in advance.

Ask a Question