Help - "No Items Available"

Hi

First time poster as I am about to lose my mind...apologies if this has been addressed before....

My TomTom = ONE 3rd Edition Europe.
My computer = Apple iMac running OSX 10.5.7
Software = TomTom Home 2.6.2.264

I've been having this problem for some time and have just splashed out on a new updated map in the hope of fixing it, all it's done is make me even more angry...

Tried to Update the unit unsuccessfully as it says I need to remove items to do so, unfortunately I can't as it says "No Items Available" on the next screen and confirms this on the "Show contents of my ONE" screen also.

This can't be true though as it is working (albeit with out of date software and maps....)

I was hoping I could just overwrite everything with the new map, but the same problem exists...how can I delete the contents when TomTom Home can't "see" it....?

I thought the Clear Flash Software (TomTom Setup) might help, but that doesn't even work...When trying to get this to install I get this message: An error occurred during installation. (Error number: 6)

Please help, I would really appreciate it.

PS. I tried calling UK support several times and the answerphone message said call back when they are less busy (each time).... and the support email I have sent has gone unreplied :(

Last edited:
Try a reset of your unit. Reconnect to the computer and start Home. does it see items now? If not, try uninstalling Home and see if that helps.

Sorry, should have mentioned.... Yes, I have done all the above, any other ideas?

(And done it again, just now to make sure)

Last edited:
So the updated map WAS downloaded ok, just not installed properly?

Seems to be OK, sitting on the list of updates waiting to be installed, feels like the issue is more with "HOME" not able to read the contents of the unit properly...

Thanks for your help with this...

This doesn't really help though as this new map is located virtually (within my login in HOME) I haven't Installed it to my computer yet, as it won't let me without having first made space by removing the old one on my TomTom (which I can't do as I can't access anything on there)

There is surely a way to format the drive on the unit so it doesn't have any maps, software or voices? This way I can just download the new map along with the software update....

Does that make sense?

Are you SURE about what you are saying.........the normal (screwed up) process is to download ok but not install ok,.

Humour me.......

Use Explorer and go to the location in that link and indeed see if it is there.

This is all I have:

My DocsTomTom/HOME/
...BACKUP
...DOWNLOAD/complete/ephemeris, partialupdate, phonedb, program, safetycamera....No mention of map...?
...FROMDEVICE
...SHARING

Apologies if I'm being really stupid I just don't get how I can fix this annoying problem....

To make matters worse, rather disconcertingly within Finder/explorer when I know look at the contents of USB "No Name" (TomTom) There appears to be nothing in it! But it shows as only having 5.4MB free, so I now can't even manually delete everything, which was something I was considering....

Last edited:
Format the tomtom using these steps. You should have 1GB of space on the Tomtom afterwards. If less, call up phone support as the internal memory may have gone bad and you may need a warranty repair.

After the format, go to home and download your latest application, then map, then favorite voice (in that order).

I just realized that you're in the UK.

If the One 3rd edition was a "regional" one, it will only have 512mb of space, not 1GB. So you have to make sure your purchased map was small enough.

You mean just use "disk utility" to format drive and then go from there yes?

I am sure it was a 1GB drive as it has implied so previously.

I don't have a mac -> I'm pretty sure it's called "disk utility". Just make sure that you choose MS-DOS as the file type, the Tomtom can't read the Mac file system.

Thanks for helping out.

It wouldn't work on Disk Utility :(

In the end I borrowed a friend's PC, formatted the TomTom completely and re-installed everything using HOME.

Annoying as I won't be able to update it using my Mac, but will have to fix my old PC laptop to get updates in future.

Oh well, it's working now, thanks again.

The regular updates should work on HOME for Mac. So normally you shouldn't have problems with your Mac for updates.

It was just the corruption troubleshooting that must have required the PC. Tomtom uses Microsoft fat32 to store their files (remember Microsoft sued them), so I'm not surprised that Windows did a better job cleaning up the corruption in a MS file system.

Ask a Question