Remove items from your Tom Tom Device

TomTom Model(s)
930T
Remove items from your Tom Tom Device

When I tried to download updated maps for North America and Europe.

It says -

To make enough free space on your TomTom device for your new item. you will have to remove items
that are curently installed on your TomTom device.

You need to remove 14.1 mbs. total 3831 MB
Free space 80.2 MB

I haven't installed that much on my TomTom I just got it few days ago.

I also have 2gb SD card, doesn't that give me more space?

Thanks

Zhong

Instal one of the maps to the SD card and the other to the device, you will have to select either internal memory or SD card from the TomTom Home software, the devicxe will use both storage locations but Home is stupid and needs to be told which you want to use - Mike

So if you open the gps and map is on SD card it will automatically know that like as mp3 files whther they
on internal memory or sd card?

Thanks

Zhong

Instal one of the maps to the SD card and the other to the device, you will have to select either internal memory or SD card from the TomTom Home software, the devicxe will use both storage locations but Home is stupid and needs to be told which you want to use - Mike

As long as mp3s are in a mp3 folder, the application will see them in both a card and internal and will merge the 2 folders as such when playing.

The manage maps preference will similarly provide you with a merged list of internal and SD maps to choose from, but only on GO models.

Since you posted separately that you have a GO 930, you'll be fine.

Ask a Question