quickfix gps problem

Ive had to reinstall my tomtom one 3rd edition from my backup (windows backup) and seem to have everything but the quickfix gps updates. Ive tried moving the ephemeris file over to the tomtom to see if that helps but it still wont find the latest updates on tomtom update. What can i do to get the quickfix updates back as it takes ages for it to find a signal?

Delete everything in your ephem folder on your unit using Explorer (and delete the Ephemeris folder you put there, it doesn't belong).

Now go here:
c:\documents and settings\yourname\my documents\TomTom\Home\Downloads\Complete\ephemeris\ and delete any sub folders found there.

Connect to Home and a new quickfix file should get downloaded and installed.

Thanks for the help. I deleted all the files in the folder and it updated the quickfix. I have deleted the contents of the ephem folder before to try and get it to update and nothing happened, but this time its worked. It now detects 8 satallites but on the main screen it shows it all greyed out, should this not be green?

First, try to reset your unit. Then make sure the unit is stationary in an open area. Give it 5-10 minutes to see if the signal is captured.

Ask a Question