GPS Quickfix ...!!

TomTom Model(s)
VIA 1435TM
Does any body have satelite quickfix update lately ...?
It's been more than 2 weeks i have not seen it ...!!

Is this on the XL or the VIA, or both?

One uses TT Home for updates and the other uses MyTomTom.

No problems here. Not sure if you have had this issue before but I'll mention the most common cure for that problem which involves, for unknown reasons, one particular file (1to.dat) in the Ephem folder on the TomTom which randomly disappears.

IF you have made a backup of your TomTom:

1…Transfer the file “lto.dat” file which can be found in your computer TomTom backup ephem folder to the TomTom’s ephem folder.

2…Re-start your TomTom, connect to TomTom Home, and it should again download the update.

<OR>

1) Connect your TomTom device, to your PC.
2) Browse to your TomTom folders using Windows Explorer.
3) Delete the \ephem folder that is located on your TomTom.
4) On your computer, go to Documents/TomTom/Home/Downloads/complete/Ephemeris and delete that folder.
5) Leaving TomTom connected to USB, you can just hit the OFF button on your TomTom and then hit the ON button again (getting the Drum Roll bootup.
6) Chose the option of connecting to your computer, then, TomTom Home should start.
7) You should now see QuickGPSFix as an option to install as an update.

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck!

Is this on the XL or the VIA, or both?

One uses TT Home for updates and the other uses MyTomTom.

The Via 1435TM with MyTT .... ( I do not use XL340S any more )

@alfie67 : I restar it and empty cache ... still NO update ...? only " Map Share community map update " shows up .

BTW .. I don't notice any delay picking up the satilte signal though ... almost instantly before I pull my car out of garage .

MyTT wont let me go that far to see the "lto.dat” file ..

Ask a Question