Questions need answered.

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom Go 910
1). MY TT910 came with ver. 6522 and the and the update DVD came with ver 6520. Should I use the one on the DVD?
2). The DVD has updated maps that are different than the one on my TT910
Should I updrade them?
3). What are the Raster maps for on the DVD. They do not seem to do anything on the TT910?
4). How do you gather data from the TT910 to send to TomTom when something is wrong with their info. Recent Trip TomTom put me to the address on a road that was 2 miles away from there I needed to go. My exit number of Interstate 675 is #10, and the TT910 says it is #7, - 3 Miles off since our exits are the lenght in miles from the start of the road.
5). Just for additional info, My Delorme Street Atlas with My Magellan Map 330 and my HP DV8000T map and identify the items corectls. I thought instead of carrying around all those items that I would get the TT910 that was in a smaller package. I just wish that they would correct the maping and identification of locations. It's not like you can't get the correct information from google or some other software package to compare it to. I'm just glad it wasn't in a large city and it put me 3 miles out off track and no way to locate where I needed to go.

6). The TT910 is a good product, I really like it. They need better quality control on the software end, or send out update patches to correct the problems. They need a way for us to identify and mark bad locations and to add the corrections to send to them so that these issues are corrected. At least with Delorme I can send a map and mark corrections to send to them.

1). MY TT910 came with ver. 6522 and the and the update DVD came with ver 6520. Should I use the one on the DVD?
If you are talking about the application version, that is now up to 6.560 and when you connect to HOME it will try to auto-update.
2). The DVD has updated maps that are different than the one on my TT910
Should I updrade them?
Verify you have the right DVD? The new MAPS version is 665
3). What are the Raster maps for on the DVD. They do not seem to do anything on the TT910?
Those are the satelite imagery files that help your display on the TT.
4). How do you gather data from the TT910 to send to TomTom when something is wrong with their info. Recent Trip TomTom put me to the address on a road that was 2 miles away from there I needed to go. My exit number of Interstate 675 is #10, and the TT910 says it is #7, - 3 Miles off since our exits are the lenght in miles from the start of the road.
Read the post on how to send feedback for Map errors. There is also a link in my signature.
5). Just for additional info, My Delorme Street Atlas with My Magellan Map 330 and my HP DV8000T map and identify the items corectls. I thought instead of carrying around all those items that I would get the TT910 that was in a smaller package. I just wish that they would correct the maping and identification of locations. It's not like you can't get the correct information from google or some other software package to compare it to. I'm just glad it wasn't in a large city and it put me 3 miles out off track and no way to locate where I needed to go.
All I can say is that we can only help them make the product better by actively taking part in reporting map errors.
6). The TT910 is a good product, I really like it. They need better quality control on the software end, or send out update patches to correct the problems. They need a way for us to identify and mark bad locations and to add the corrections to send to them so that these issues are corrected. At least with Delorme I can send a map and mark corrections to send to them.
You're not the first to say this....

Last edited:
Hi Frank,

One more thing to consider: if you are using the speed indicator (to tell you what the speed limit is on the road you'er on) this functionality seems to be broken with the new maps. Your 910 should have map version 660.XXX while the new map (on the DVD) will be 665.1293. I would recommend updating, as I believe the upgrade is worth it. But then again, you'll lose the speed limit indicator.

Ask a Question