Question About Rider v.1

TomTom Model(s)
GO 300, GO 730
Does the Rider v.1 have a lineout/headphone jack? Looking for a GPS for my bike that is waterproof. The Rider2 is totally bluetooth. I have a 1985 Goldwing and want to use my factory intercom. Just looking for a lineout jack as I already can use my phone with my intercom.

There are no audio in/out plugs on the TTR V1. All audio in/out is done through a bluetooth device that has a 1/8th inch headphone jack, into which you can plug either the earbud/microphone device or the helmet speaker/microphone device that it ships with, or maybe your own headset solution (I've never tried anything else though, so I can't say much).

Thanks Harbinger67....that is what I was wanting to know. The BT device with the 1/8" jack might just work for what I want to do. Will have to check it out.

My phone works with it's eabud jack connected to my intercom. So I figure the BT device will do the same with TTR1.

Actually I'm not certain it's 1/8th inch; I really don't know my headphone jack sizes. It's the one that's smaller than a typical headphone jack. It's the same size that many cell phones use for their headset. Just wanted to be more clear about that, sorry.

Yep it is probably a 2.5mm jack, which is still no problem. The only problem is that they have been discontinued by TomTom and finding one at a decent price is gonna be hard.

Yep it is probably a 2.5mm jack, which is still no problem. The only problem is that they have been discontinued by TomTom and finding one at a decent price is gonna be hard.

Honestly, the thing was crap. I was more then welcome to have them replace my V1 with the V2 just to get the Scala Rider headset.

Hmmmmm....that's interesting. The next one inline that is waterproof is the Garmin Zumo 450. A bit more expensive and not BT. I have looked at the Lowrance's also, but they don't offer alot of features and they are more for off-road and nautical uses. Guess I will just keep looking.

Well I have decided on the Go 720. I like the TT and want to stick with it. It has bluetooth and a lineout jack. Plus I have found a new one for less than $300.

Keep in mind that the lifespan of the 720 may be limited living on a bike. I have the TTR2 and love it. I dont have a blue tooth phone yet, but the TTR2 comes with a Scala BT headset.

Cheers

The TTR2 is a little out of my price range right now. I ride an older GoldWing....so not much vibration. :) Thought about the 720, but since it is not waterproof....that could be a major problem. So I have bought a Magellan 2200T. Waterproof, less than $200, headphone/lineout jack and I am not sure what kinda "features" I will actually use on a bike. It may not be "top of the line", but I feel it will do what I want it to....plus there are several friends who ride that recommend it. There are some features I like about it from reading the book online. Waiting on it to arrive to start playing with it. I LOVE my TT GO 300 for my truck, but the TTR2 just won't work right now for me on the bike. BT is not a big deal, don't need it as my phone works with my intercom as is. I also don't need another headset on my helmet. When traveling, I have my wife with me so I need the intercom/cb/radio setup of my factory intercom. And the way I have the phone integrated, we can both hear/talk on the phone, just like the phone is a 3rd helmet on the intercom.

Last edited:

Ask a Question