Problems with SD card

TomTom Model(s)
XL
I updated my device after placing a 128 MB card in the memory slot. I now can't run TT without the card and it does not have enough memory for a map or other software. How do I get the file back on the internal memory of the TT?

Look at the contents of the unit using Explorer. Are you missing the loose files in the root of the unit?

Make an Explorer backup of the unit's contents using Explorer, not Home. You want to protect the map folder and its contents.

Now connect the unit to Home without the card inserted. You should be offered an application. If so, download and install.

When I open the TT in Explorer there are no files showing and the SD card does not show, when i open the SD card (removed from the TT) I see quite a few folders and items.

When the TT was connected to the TT Home, the updates included the application program and map. But when I went to update, I received an error message. This occurred when the Home wanted to move "unused items" to my computer.

What is the model you have exactly and did it run without a sd card at one point?

When TT detects an application on a sd card, it attempts to boot from it. If you can get the application back on the unit and your unit runs without an sd card, we may be able to resolve the issue.

I can't imagine that any map you had was on the sd card if the card is indeed only 128 megs in size, though.

Have you downloaded an updated map? If so, it's sitting on the computer here:
C:\Documents and Settings\yourname\My Documents\TomTom\HOME\Downloads\complete\maps\
in a compressed form.

So, in summary:
If your unit can run without an sd card and if you have a downloaded map in compressed form, then we can probably fix the problem.

If you do NOT have the map update and you do NOT have a current map backed up, then there is a problem ..

I have the XL-S model and it ran up to a couple of weeks ago without the SD card. Now if I start it up without the SD card, the screen is just the TT One XL screen. I can read the SD card from my computer, is there way to move the files from the computer onto the TT internal memory?

TT has given me another map to download and it is sitting in my home updates at this time.

I moved the SD files to the backup TT file on my computer, it is now working with my map being downloaded from the TT Home program.

YEA

Ask a Question