Problems with my START tom tom . It won't load up completely. Freezes.

TomTom Model(s)
start
Could anyone help please. I have the START . One of the first ones I should think.
Code XC3420I10114 .

Model 1EX00

The Fault, : It freezes during load up. I get the drum roll, then the loading bar travelling from left to right , then the start screen comes on , then it freezes. It will not do a thing from here. It will not switch off with the power button, it will not respond to the touch screen . The only way to get it to do anything , is press the reset button , The device shuts down , and then to start it , I press the power button , and again it freezes when it gets to the start page.

I have held the power button for a few seconds, and I can get the boot page , with all the details. battery looks good at 4052 mv. Checksum says 1E01

I have tomtomhome , loaded on the computer, if I plug the usb into the device , it is recognized, and I can aaccess the files on the device. I have tried reloading the application, but it does not seem to change anything . It still freezes.

What is the next step ? Can I completetly reload all the files ?

I have made a back up ...on the computer, although only after this problem occurred.

Thanks in advance

If you take off the back cover of the unit and remove the casing, there is a reset hole next to the usb port. Try resetting the unit.

Also see the Articles section for some help files.

Tried reset

Yep, I have already tried the reset button, next to the usb port. That is the only way I can get it to do anything... i.e. switch off. But is then just gives the drum roll, and loads up to the start page , then freezes. If I plug in the usb to computer, it does not reach the start page, and so I can access the drive, and files , in tomtomhome. , as soon as I unplug the usb, it procedds on to the start page , and freezes again. Then the only way to turn off, is press the reset button again.

Ask a Question