Tomtom start2 problems

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:Just brought a TOMTOM START2 after having a TOMTOM ONE for years and loved it. This new START isn't half the tool the ONE was!

I've tried adding start up and shut down pictures. They show up on the TOMTOM home, they are listed as on the computer and on the device, but when i go to the options, voices and images, change start up image it says no photos found?????? same in shut down image????

I've added voices and these have all appeared on the TOMTOM and all work correctly

I Must say I am yet to use the TOMTOM START, but so far looking through the settings I'm not going to like it! what happened to shortest route?? fastest route?? avoid motorways??

Another thing where has the jack plug gone for the headphone settings?? My biker mates wont be buying this version!

I would be so grateful if anybody who can help with these questions , thanks:)

Ouch. Especially as regards the menu items, picking up a Start2 or XL IQRoutes2 in the UK is going to be a disappointment if you were using a lot of the features on your old ONE. Both of those two models incorporate a "dumbed down" menu set.

If you're still in a position to return it for a swap, I'd do so.

As for the 1/8" Aux Out jack, I didn't know that any of the ONE series had them ... only the GO series from the x10, x20 and x30 models, and only with the special docks on the x40 models. Oh, and the old Rider, too.

Thanks for the reply, is there anyway to load the start up and shut down images??

Also the activation code? it didn't come on the credit card size card like the old ONE. Where do i find the product code so i can get the activation code?

Thanks again

Thanks for the reply, is there anyway to load the start up and shut down images??

Also the activation code? it didn't come on the credit card size card like the old ONE. Where do i find the product code so i can get the activation code?

Thanks again
AFAIK (I don't have access to an Ease or Start2 to verify any of this), the startup and shutdown images should work the same on your Start2 as they did on your ONE. Might be worth avoiding Home just to see if things behave any better. Copy the files directly with your PC (see below).

Your startup image and shutdown image need to be in the "smaller" format (they're different for 3.5 and 4.3" screens), and would be called splash.bmp and antitheft.bmp respectively, and must be of the appropriate size. 320x240 pixels, placed in the root directory of your TomTom. The images you had on your ONE should work fine. If you still have those, you can use your PC to copy them to your Start2. What DO you see during startup and shutdown after you previously tried to replace them?

No need to use the "activation code" for anything on the Start2. Nothing to "activate".

... and still wondering what kind of ONE you had that included a 1/8" audio/headphone jack. I've never run across one like that.

If you load startup and shutdown images, they should get loaded into the proper position and should just work.

The device menus will overwrite what's there, but you can't choose the image downloaded from HOME.

If you manually copy your desired startup & shutdown image to the "photos" folder on the Start, then you can choose it from the device's internal menus.

Ask a Question