problem with tomtom 910 screen when i

..plug it into my desktop.

The bottom part of the screen is invisible, which renders it inoperable.'

2nd problem: I thought this thing had maps for all of europe. I just tried to get a distance to Rome (i live in france) and all it shows is places in france with rome in the name.

arg

First - have you done a backup of your unit using Windows explorer (assuming you are using windows) with hidden files and folders set to show ? if not, do so - as if you mess it up it is easy to recover it.

Second - have you installed TomTom Home? When connected to computer, you cannot operate the unit (unless you said no when asked if you wanted to connect what you first plugged it in). With it plugged in but not "connected", you are essentiall only charging it and you can operate it that way.

But if you connect it and have it accessed by TomTom Home, you can operate it in "virtual' mode and do most of the things you can do with it disconnected.

If you have never run it with Home, you probably have an old application version as well as old maps. Unless the maps were deleted, the original maps work STILL very good over there - have used mine in both Austria and Germany.

Based on which application version you have, when you tell it to navigate to a location, it may have you select country first. However, to be sure you have the regular European Map, go to map preferences/select maps and see if the European one is there (and not only specific countries). If not the European Map(s), then you have a 910 that had it deleted somehow.

Ask a Question