Problem with computer connection.

TomTom Model(s)
There can be only THE ONE V2!
So if I plug in my TT One the the usb connection then turn it on it starts up and asks if I want to go to use the computer connection. If I say yes it just restarts and asks again in an endless loop. If I hook it up with the unit already on it asks and works fine.

It did it before and after my update to 6.56. Not a huge thing I just thought it was odd. Anyone else having this problem, is it just a ONE thing, is it just a my ONE thing? I searched around and didn't see anyone else experiencing this.

-Sean

Hi Sean,

I have not had this problem myself. I'm using a Mac, in case there's a difference. Hopefully a PC user will chime in as well.

I use a TT 1 and i dont have this problem. I did have one problem but that was me trying to hook the usb cable up through a hub not enough power for my TT. Once i pluged the usb into the computer directly every thing was and is fine.

I thought it was odd. Oh well maybe someone else will read this and have the same problem. I dont even know if you can call it a problem, more like an oddity.

Maybe something with the computer. I guess its time to upgrade.... 8 cores, 12 petabytes of ram, several raid 5 clusters, 3.5" floppy drive... mmmm floppy drive.

-Sean

So as a follow up on this I fixed my own problem. Just on a hunch I switched usb cables and it started working like it should. I find it strange though that everything else I have with that same mini usb connector still works fine with the old cable. The tt one must be more sensetive to the cable then everything else I have. I feel silly for not trying this before.

-Sean

thanks for posting the fix! it's appreciated. too many forums have users asking questions and once they find a fix not posted they don't bother to come back.

thanks again for sharing the info! that's what makes TTF a great site...

My problem...Home doesn't recognize the ONE!

I've reset the One and tried every way I know of to get it to log onto Home. Re-installed software and it worked a few times and then stopped recognizing it again. Help?

I'm Noob here, but I am having the same original problem. My TTOne gets into this continuous loop thing. Treid 3 different cables including the original cable with no luck. I am on a Win XP SP2 Laptop. What I have noticed though, is if I sit with the TTOne in my hand, the I AGREE green screen comes up. It seems like if I can hit the I AGREE Button quick enough, it breaks the cycle. Just my input.

Well, my TT1 v4, is now stuck in this pc/mac usb connect loop. I have tried several different computers (pc/mac) and different cables to no avail. Otherwise, not connecting the unit works fine, although it does take longer for it to sync with satellites...no quickfixgps updates available due to no computer connection.

How do you do a hard reset?

HELP!!!

Mine does the exact same thing. It usually has to loop a few times before my pc just picks it up and lets it connect to Home. I'm prolly not the only one here who thinks the Home software can stand to see some improvements on the UI side of things

Thanks

Mine was stuck in the loop, too. I have win XP.
Changed cables, everything OK THANK YOU!!! I re-installed everything first!!
still didn't work, found your posts. Appreciate it.:)

I had a problem where the TomTom One wouldn't recognize when it was connected (plug in USB, nothing happens). The only way I fixed it was to remove other USB devices (it was actually an HP scanner that I removed). After that it seemed to work fine. Might be worth a shot.

Ask a Question