Tom Tom One 130.S Computer voice problem :(

Hi everyone, so i purchased my tomtom one 6 months ago and didnt do anything to it until yesterday, i tried to add a french computer voice,while i installed the voice,home automatically deleted the samantha computer voice from my tomtom and it wouldnt install any computer voices even if it did,they would only say "turn around when possible" and that is only when i test it,

Please can someone me.

thx

What voice were you using before you attempted to install the new voice? Samantha?

If you fire up Home, and look in the "Add Traffic, Voices, Safety Cameras, etc", and select "Voices" and then "Computer Voices". Best to set for "Recommended items" so you don't get the whole universe of options.

What voices are shown, and what are their "locations" according to Home?

hi and thank you for your reply :), the voice i was using before is samantha, according to home they are in my computer, the voices that are shown is tim(english),Samantha,Julie(french) and Felix(french)

By moving any voices that are presently on your TomTom back to your computer, there should be sufficient room remaining to reinstall your computer voice. What happens when you try that, and have you done any other updates recently (such as a new map, perhaps?) that might be occupying more space than before?

hi, i eventually deleted all the voices from my device so i have more space, i had around 60 mb and samantha was 30 mb, i tried to install it, it succesfully did so but it only says turn around when possible when i test it and sometimes doesnt say anything,I havent done any updates except QUICKGPSFIX,I'm gettin really frustrated

Also sometimes it comes up with an error when trying to install computer voices, it says something like error writing some random file name

Last edited:
hi, i eventually deleted all the voices from my device so i have more space, i had around 60 mb and samantha was 30 mb, i tried to install it, it succesfully did so
OK - at least that issue is dealt with

but it only says turn around when possible when i test it and sometimes doesnt say anything,I havent done any updates except QUICKGPSFIX,I'm gettin really frustrated
What kind of test are you doing? It sounds like you've got an old route planned and are going the wrong way and being told to turn around. Have you planned a new route, gone the direction you're being told to go, and encountered a turn where your unit should be speaking up and telling you to turn?

To get the text-to-speech working (once you verify that turns are announced), double check to be sure you have what you want enabled:

Change Preferences / Voice Preferences / Speech Preferences
and check boxes for
Read Aloud Street Names, Read Aloud Road Numbers, etc.

Also sometimes it comes up with an error when trying to install computer voices, it says something like error writing some random file name
Would be good to know what the error is.

Hi, today i went to another city to see if the computer voice but it wouldnt say nothing, so im guessing that it is not an old route planned, please help

Ask a Question