Problem with TomTom 130S

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom One 130S
Have had my TomTom about five years and never had a problem. Today, I used it and it was not fully pronouncing street names, and it was giving me incorrect turn directions.
Is it time for a new one? Thanks in advance.

Is the battery fully charged? What do you mean by incorrect turn instructions? Incorrect how?

Do all voices act incorrectly?

Have you tried to reset the unit by holding the power button about 15 seconds till you hear the drum sounds unless your model has a dedicated reset hole?

I did not charge the battery before I used it as I thought it charged itself when plugged into the cigarette lighter of my car.

Incorrect turn instructions -- I was on my way home after a sixty mile drive, and it was telling me to turn in the opposite direction of what I knew in my mind was incorrect, and I proceeded to follow my gut instinct and drove in the direction that I knew was correct, and I could see by looking at the miles left to drive that I was proceeding correctly.

Not fully pronouncing street names -- it would start to say a word for a street and it was totally illegible and I could not make out the word or street name.

I do not believe I have ever heard drum sounds and I am not sure what a dedicated reset hole is.

When I arrived back home, I plugged it into my computer and it did a few map updates free of charge.

Thanks so much for your reply and help.

I do not believe I have ever heard drum sounds and I am not sure what a dedicated reset hole is.

If you've never heard the drums sound, you've never done a soft reset. It's the first thing to try whenever you have problems with a TomTom.

Older models had a little hole that you poked with a (blunt) pin to do the reset.
But to reset the ONE 130 series, you just press and hold the On/Off button until it restarts (with a drum sound).
This can take more than fifteen seconds. Once you hear the drums, let go of the button.

Ask a Question