TomTom One 130 - connection problems

I have a TomTom One 130 and want to load updated maps, however when I follow the instructions I get an error message "Device not recognized" Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a TomTom One 130 and want to load updated maps, however when I follow the instructions I get an error message "Device not recognized" Any help would be appreciated.
Guess we need to start at the start. I assume you are logged into Home with your device connected and turned on when you try to purchase the new map? First thing we need to do is be sure that your PC sees your TomTom. When it's plugged in, using My Computer, do you see your TomTom device listed as a disk drive?

Hold the power button about 10 seconds till you hear the drum sounds to reset the unit. Then see if the computer 'sees' the unit as a removable drive.

And you are using Home 2 (tomtom.com/home), correct?

TomTom One 130

Have reset the device and am using Home 2. Still get same message "Device not recognized"

Try a different usb port, preferably on the back of the computer. don't use a usb port in a hub.

Also, try a different cable.

TomTom One 130

Have done all this previously and nothing works. I guess i have a "lemon" and it costs too much to send it in for repair. Anybody take "trade-ins"

Ask a Question