Problem on First Day

Just got a new 910 yesterday and everything was fine until I hooked it to my computer. The TomTom application was fine for a while then lost connection to the 910. The 910 had a screen that looks like a startup screen but wouldn't budge. Reset the unit and upon startup up made it back to the same screen and stuck. I cannot power off the unit or even reset does not work now. It is hung until battery runs out. I put it back on home cradle this morning charged it for a bit and while not connected to computer power it on and got back to the same screen, same issue. Any suggestions?

Last edited:
Yes I would exchange it.
How are you disconnecting the 910 from the computer?
Usually when not disconnecting it properly, it causes problems.

The same thing happened to me after attempting to upgrade the firmware through TomTom Home. The think that worked for me is to go into the TomTom drive through Windows, right click on the TomTom hard drive icon and select properties. Then go to the "error-check" through Windows and allow your computer to do an error check. That got my TomTom running like new again! (This process can take a long time, so I did it overnight and woke up to a working TomTom.)

Ask a Question