Problem connecting 510 to Blackberry 7250

Great website. New poster and new lurker. I've already gleaned a great bit of information about my new toy!

Here's where my questions begin:

1) The box says I have a 510, but the decal to the left of the S/N on the back says it's a go 4voo.710. Is this reason for concern?

2) When I try to enable the pairing w/ my Blackberry 7250, the BB says it's a Go 710 as well. The BB will not push email messages to the phone, nor can I load my phone book onto the 510. Does anyone have experience making this work? If so, a step by step guide would be GREATLY appreciated.

If any of you gurus could give me a hand, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the great forum and help in advance!

Gary

The 910 connects fine for me with the 7250, however I get error messages that many of the features are "not supported". And also that the Data Network option will not work with the 7250 (for PLUS services).

Thank you for the help. I'm getting the same "Not Supported" messages. Would've been cool to have my work emails pop up directly to the TT screen.

If anyone else has had success, please let us know how.... Thanks.

I had a Blackberry 7290, and found there was no way to get Blackberries set up for anything but hands-free.

Blackberry and TT

I have been able to use my BB 8100 (Pearl) as a Bluetooth GPRS modem to dialup to the internet via a computer. It would seem that all we need is a valid Blackberry script to add to the TT.

Anybody??

BB

The only thing I can get to wrok with BB is handsfree calling. Each time I discover the BB with TT is says DUNS is not supported. Why? Should, BB has SMS, GPRS, etc...

BlackBerry & TomTom

The only thing I can get to wrok with BB is handsfree calling. Each time I discover the BB with TT is says DUNS is not supported. Why? Should, BB has SMS, GPRS, etc...

The short answer is at the moment, no blackberry will allow you to use the Data Services on a TomTom.

The long answer is why. Currently, RIM (the Blackberry Manufacturer) doesn't allow third party devices to access the wireless data services portion of the handheld via the bluetooth or USB interface, with the exception of Laptops. RIM, being a very business oriented company and therefore very security conscious, is just making their first foray into the consumer/"prosumer" market, isn't quite ready to let go of their security-first model and allow their devices to be used in the way that consumers have come to expect from other mobile phones on the market.

The general consensus in the industry is that eventually RIM will come to their senses and make this in option in a future release of the Blackberry OS, but when is anyone's guess. RIM has never been very forthcoming with their development schedule and roadmap.

There have been many threads about this very issue over at blackberryforums.com, where I'm also a member. I'm also a BES admin for my company, so as soon as I hear this is possible I'll definitely let this forum know, since I'm itching for this feature as well :)

-B

EDIT: Just wanted to add an explanation as to why Windows will allow you to use your BB as a dial up modem. If you notice, when you use your BB as a wireless modem for your PC, you have to have the Desktop Manager (or Device Manager) software running. If you connect, then kill the Desktop Manager (DM) software, you lose your connection. This is because the BB is routing it's data through the DM before it hits Windows DUN services.

Last edited:
To Go 720

I just purchased the to go 720. Is there anyway to get this devise to pair with my Blackberry 7250 (Sprint/nextel). I have also tried my wife's Samsung and could not get this devise to work.

Has anyone found a work-around?

Thanks

Ask a Question