price going up on One 3?

I'm leaning toward the 3rd ed. One. What's the downside for a gps that inexpensive? Also, a friend told me the price is going up.

I'm leaning toward the 3rd ed. One. What's the downside for a gps that inexpensive? Also, a friend told me the price is going up.
Circuit City is currently selling the 3rd edition for 30 dollars off. Just yesterday, the Today show tested three GPS devices, and the 3rd edition was both the best and the least expensive. You don't need to buy the most expensive unit to get you from A to B. It's a lot like buying a car. The price goes up as you add the extras. Here's the link to the thread that has links to the Today show piece.
https://www.tomtomforums.com/showthread.php?t=7990

Last edited:

I would personally lean towards a TomTom ONE LE (which is also called the TomTom ONE New Edition or TomTom ONE V4).

This version has most of what the 3rd Edition has plus many more useful features (SD slot, more default icons/utilities). The 3rd edition does have an optional RDS-TMC connector that the LE doesn't have, but not many people find use for that.

Ask a Question