POI's into Categories

Newbie and looked but couldn't find it. I've downloaded a bunch of custom POI's from poifriend.com and I am going to upload them into my unit. But how can 1) I find out if the POI's are in their respective categories 2) if not place them there. ie. i'm downloading all the kegs in Canada. How can I be sure the author has made sure they will show up under restaurants and not just if I search Keg in POI's?

Thanks for you help!

There are ways to merge custom ov2 files with built in ones. But it isn't easy.

Unless some of the Kegs happen to be in the built in supplied poi.dat file that came with your map, they will NOT show up in the Restaurant (default) category. If you Manage pois-->Show on Map-->and check off the category 'Keg' (or whatever the custom ov2 file was called), then they will show up on your map.

The information in this thread may work for version 8 maps and pois as well to get the custom ov2 files merged with the built in ones.

Thanks.

Unfortunately I beleive those category codes only apply to the UK version. THE US and Canada version do not have codes associated with them according to TomTom. Which would make sense because there are some categories missing suck as ATM / Bank.

Thanks for the help it looks like I may be lost on this one.

Last edited:

Ask a Question