POI

TomTom Model(s)
Via 135M
Hi all, can anybody please help me to download a list of Bars & Pubs in UK to add in my POI. I am using TomTom Via 135M? Thanks.

I think here is better...
http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/modules.php?name=POIs
(If that doesn't show you a long list of POI files, then you may need to register with the forum/website (free).

There are loads of Pub and bars POIs in the "Food and Drink" section

Personally, I combine them together like this:

1. First select the "Food and Drink" section. It should expand to show LOTS of different categories.

2. I download the basic 'Pub' category first, with the option in step 4 set to "Separate files per subcategory"

3. I then download any others that seem relevant (such as the 'Dining Pub' and 'Wetherspoons' categories, with the option in step 4 set this time to "Combine subcategories into category file "

4. I then use the PC utility program "POI Edit" (downloadable from here to merge the resulting POI files together and save them as a single POI file called "Pubs".

(Doing it like that may seem odd at first, but trust me.... It gets the pub names showing in the best way when you get the final list on the TomTom. i.e. "normal" pubs are called by their Town name then Pub name and Dining pubs, Wetherspoons etc, have that info first.
Like this:

PubsPOI.JPG

Ask a Question