poi supermarkets

Does anybody know if is it possible to ask go720 to give me the supermarket on the road in the poi.
thank in advance.

Does anybody know if is it possible to ask go720 to give me the supermarket on the road in the poi.
thank in advance.

There's no "Supermarket" category, but it will list some that are under the Shop
or Retail categories. Mine shows me Food Lion, Piggly Wiggly, Krogers, Safeway,
and a couple of others up and down the east coast using the 1609 POI file.
I've also found a few "Quicky-Mart" sort of gas stations listed as Shops instead
of gas stations.

To have the POI for Shops show on the map just tap your screen then
choose CHANGE PREFERENCES then select SHOW POI ON MAP and check off
all the items you want to show including SHOPS.

I did find a grocery POI file for all of USA and is quite large at 721KB zipped. I don't remember where I got it but very recent as the file is dated January 2008.

I downloaded it in case I ever need it as I am in Canada but make infrequent trips to the USA.

Gilbert, can you post a link to the grocery poi's?

Thanks, Sidney

As mentioned, I can't remember from which board I downloaded it. It was in TT ov2 format with the icon and has 26,848 grocery stores located in the USA and I downloaded it Feb 1st. The file name is grocery.zip 761KB in size. I thought it could prove handy as I am not familiar with grocery chains in the USA and under the impression there are none that encompass all of the USA with the exception of CostCo and Super Wall Marts which I already have.

Ask a Question