POI file

What is the actual name of the POI file that we get from TomTom. I have a One, third edition?
I have noticed some errors on it and was wondering how hard it would be to edit.

If you update via "map corrections"...then your updates will get shared with the rest of the world via MapShare.

POI information for the built-in maps are located in the poi.dat file.

The crpoi.dat file contains the map share correction files.

However, these are not human readable files and actually cracking their code and extracting their information is illegal per the software agreement when you purchased the TomTom.

Last edited:
POI information for the built-in maps are located in the poi.dat file.

The crpoi.dat file contains the map share correction files.

However, these are not human readable files and actually cracking their code and extracting their information is illegal per the software agreement when you purchased the TomTom.

I think you'll find the crpoi.dat file does not represent mapshare corrections. When you first install your map, it's already there. Further, the size doesn't change as you DO dl and install mapshares. I believe someone determined that the info contained in that file is necessary to see the text info for the poi.dat file you get with the map.

Ask a Question