POI downloading uploading

Thank you for the trouble you went to in order to show the screenshots.

The second one, showing the contents of your NA map folder looks perfectly fine. It is there that any dl .ov2 files should appear. Are you saying that when you goto Preferences-->Show POI on Map, that none of the categories like 'schools', 'dunkin_donuts', etc. can't be seen in the list or can't be checked?

He is still not showing us what is on his UNIT. Both screen shots are both of files on his PC.

Like what was said. It does NOT MATTER WHAT IS ON YOUR PC! It's what's on the UNIT that matters.

Look at the path on the second screenshot. It's pointing to a BACKUP on his PC. The POI files are USELESS there!

Last edited:
But that screenshot IS from the backup folder so I did assume what was showing on the pc matched what indeed was in the unit.

Hi Guys -- what about this attached screen shot showing the POI file. Please check the folder location in the left hand column. If this isn't what you need to see let me know the screenshot that you need. Thanks again.

Attachments

• ScreenShot00046.jpg
    ScreenShot00046.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 300
What you are showing me is a folder for every custom poi you have downloaded. I presume within each folder there is a .ov2 file and mabe a .bmp file as well.

Well, that is wrong.

Each .ov2 file should go directly in your specific map folder (like USA&Canada). There should NOT be a folder for each custom dl of a poi.

Here's what's in my North_America_2GB map folder:
poi.jpg

Do you see? No folder for each of the highlighted ov2's. They go directly in my NA map folder.

Last edited:
also -- heres a shot showing the "Device" folder. Should these files mirror what is on my PC? Obviously this folder doesnt include all the POI files from the other folders.

Attachments

• ScreenShot00049.jpg
    ScreenShot00049.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 306
Can you show me a screen shot of where your map folder is located? When "the Unit" is referred to is there a folder that relates to that? Thanks!

I have a 720 and my North_America_2GB map folder is on a sdhc card.

I used to have it on my unit itself, so it would have shown as a North_America_2GB folder in the unit along with the likes of other folders such as 'asr', 'audiobooks', 'bin', 'Loquendo', etc.,

I'd get a 4-gig sdhc card, copy the map folder to it and also correct how all your custom poi's are stored. In other words, put the multitude of .ov2 files directly in the map folder and delete the specific poi folders.

Ask a Question