Please Help!!! - TomTom Go 720 pairing with BB Pearl (8100)

I have the TomTom Go720 and BB Pearl (8100) - through AT&T/Cingular, but can't get them to pair with each other. My BB Pearl will find my TomTom Go720, but the TomTom does not acknowledge the BB Pearl in return. Any suggestions?

The TT has not been paired with another phone has it. I had a similar problem and it was this issue. I simply went into the manage phones and deleted it. The TT paired immediatly with the new phone. It was my wife's phone I deleted though. :)

I did it with my pearl (8130) with Bell mobility.

make the BB detectable just before looking for phones on the Go

when asked, put code 0000 in the phone
wait...
wait...
wait.................;)
at some point you will be asked to select your country..
then the mobile phone provider..

if you provider does'nt exists(as it was my case)
simply select other, name it to your wish, and leave all 3 or 4 next questions as they are... either empty ou with the prefix..

then wait a lillte more...

and you should be all set

Hope this helps

The ONLY BlackBerry Pearl 8100 software version that will work with the GO 720 is version 4.2.1.66.

BlackBerry Pearl software version 4.2.1.66 can be found using this LINK

Ahhh .. the tricks o the trade.!!

I did it with my pearl (8130) with Bell mobility.

make the BB detectable just before looking for phones on the Go

when asked, put code 0000 in the phone
wait...
wait...
wait.................
at some point you will be asked to select your country..
then the mobile phone provider..

if you provider does'nt exists(as it was my case)
simply select other, name it to your wish, and leave all 3 or 4 next questions as they are... either empty ou with the prefix..

then wait a lillte more...

and you should be all set

Hope this helps

Well, I was going to start a new thread given my BlackBerry is an 8830 .. but the above suggestions just may work. Unfortuantely I am DL'ing new NA Map version for the TT in order to get Voice Recognition and that will be a while.! When that's done I'll give these instructions a whirl..unless other info comes to light. may well be tomorrow in the AM... NA map Ver 7.10 = 1.8Gb...that is one hell of a DL.!

BTW: I get the same question being asked by my BB in regards to Alphanumeric code required. 0000 eh.?

kewl,

Stk

Last edited:
Ya know. This is a thread that seems to be so common you guys may wish to make it a sticky or create a sub forum on DIY or whatever you want to call it.:D

and yea, making it discoverable is the key. No issues with 8830 pairing to Tom Tom. Probably won't use it cause I don't find the volume is loud enough nor is the Mic seemingly good enough either....for a vehicle travelling at 125kmh ... still got my Moto H700.

I could always stop..?;)

So TOODay I try mp3 and FM transmit. Lesson # 23 in Tom tom 101.

stk

How do I get the Pearl 8830 to pair with my GO720? I have Verizon but don't have the tethered data plan. Does that prevent me from using the Blackberry for phone functions.
My BB finds Tom, but Tom doesn't find BB.
Thanks for the help.

How do I get the Pearl 8830 to pair with my GO720? I have Verizon but don't have the tethered data plan. Does that prevent me from using the Blackberry for phone functions.
My BB finds Tom, but Tom doesn't find BB.
Thanks for the help.

I've got a relatively new 920 and I was able to copy my contacts to the 920 and have used Bluetooth to dial and answer the phone. Make sure your phone allows it to connect. You will have to provide the 0000 password, too. I don't recall if there was anything I specially had to do but there are a few Bluetooth settings/options on the phone.

BB Bluetooth calling

Just to let you all know:

On a blackberry, once paired, you have to make sure that the option to allow bluetooth outgoing calls is set to "always" the default is to block outgoing calls if the phone keyboard is locked, so that will explain the "no dialtone' message on the GO if your BB is in it's smart pocked and locks automaticly, or locked manually..

I just bought a 720 today and am having the same trouble with an AT&T Pearl. I am running BB4.5 on my phone and have the TT completely updated. As with the OP, I can get my phone to see the 720, but the 720 doesn't find the phone. I enter 0000 as the password for the 720 and it tries to pair, but fails every time. An interesting note...the 720 can't be searching for a phone or my Pearl won't recognize it. When I stop the 720 from searching, my Pearl sees it but can't pair to it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried everything to get my 8830 to connect. 8830 find the TT but TT doesnt' find the 8830.. Except for file transfer.

Ask a Question