Please Help I deleted English Menus

What a dope. I accidentally deleted both the US & UK English language menus. I have a GO920. I never even got to use it and now everything is in Spanish. Does anyone know how to restore specific languages? I didn't change the langauge I deleted it. Any help would be most appreciated.

Do you mean you actually deleted some configuration files as opposed to just selecting a different language from the preferences? If that's the case, I hope you made a full backup of your unit...

Does this mean that when you try to set the language in the Preferences menu, English is no longer listed as an option?

From my experience, it is only possible to delete voices. The menu languages are built in, I believe.

(By the way, the 'Change language' icon is the one with 3 flags)

Do you mean you actually deleted some configuration files as opposed to just selecting a different language from the preferences? If that's the case, I hope you made a full backup of your unit...
No not configuration files. While connected the unit asked me if I wanted to remove the other languages from the TomTom and I said yes. Now the other languages are there but not US & UK. I don't have a backup; this was about ten minutes out of the Box.

Yes English is no longer listed and the three fLags are not on my menu anymore.

Last edited:
Have you installed the 'Home' program? I think it's on a cd which came with your package.

Now, when you connect your unit to your computer, the Home program will possibly update your firmware. This should solve your problem.

Yes I loaded the Home Program, and it gave me the latest updates for my TomTom 920 but it did not get the English menus back. What makes it tough is that all the menus are now in Spanish. I checked the unit thoroughly and the three flags are gone.

Have you installed the 'Home' program? I think it's on a cd which came with your package.

Now, when you connect your unit to your computer, the Home program will possibly update your firmware. This should solve your problem.

JimBo thank you so much. I uninstalled the Home 2 software and then re-installed it choosing English and I have everything back. I am going out to find someplace. Merry Christmas.

Ask a Question