Please Help A NewB Configure System

Hello all. I have a Pioneer head unit which has bluetooth, and XM. I've been using it with IPhone for music, and phone calls, and all works well.
If I add TomTom Nav to IPhone, and get the TomTom car kit, I have a few questions.
1-Can I charge by USB as I am doing now, instead of cigarette lighter adaptor?
2-If I use audio out of car kit, I'm told it will dim music from phone when nav commands play. Will it also dim XM coming through my stereo?
3-Do I continue using bluetooth between phone & stereo, or must I use bluetooth between phone and carkit?
4-Am I to assume if I want head unit source to dim when nav commands are spoken, do I need car kit at all?

thanks in advance for your help.
Richard

The GPS data is fed from the car kit to the device by the cradle so the iPhone must be docked for that to work, to get audio via the car kit you have to pair the iPhone to the car kit - I have a dedicated Bluetooth system in my Ovlov called iO-Play which I use for music/ nav instructions etc - I use the car kit for just the GPS data, simply don't bother pairing the iPhone with the car kit!
Power for the iPhone and the cradle is supplied to a mini USB socket on the side of the car kit so that will have to be powered from somewhere - Mike

Ask a Question