help please newbie 730 in UK

TomTom Model(s)
730 europe
Hi,
This is my first sat nav so everything is a new world to me. Its a new 730 europe which I bought just last week. I've been trying to get it to go to a UK six digit post code but I cannot find a way to put the space between the first and last 3 digits.
If I type in the full six digits without a space it does not display DONE in the bottom right corner, it just displays BACK
thanks in advance
Mick

Welcome to TTF. Make sure you've made a full Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents. Ensure hidden files/folders are showing.

Anyway, go to this link, download the postal code zip file, extract to a folder called zip on your unit, reset your unit and try again.

If that doesn't help, I'm sure our UK based Supermod, mikealder, will be around shortly to give further advice.

Hi dhn,
OOOh that sounds mega complicated for me, like most old folk computers are not my best subject.
I'll have to try it when my 730 comes back from the TT repair centre because the sound does not work and its brand new:confused: I bought it new from a dealer on ebay and he wont replace it and tomtom will only repair it instead of replacement.
I'm having a bit of a crappy week as yet but I'm sure it will get better for the weekend:)
Anyway lots of thanks for the advce
Mick

Don't type a space in for the postcode just put the whole lot in one go:

PR4 1AX will not work
PR41AX will work fine

Mike

Ask a Question