PC issue

TomTom Model(s)
via 125
Satnav

Hi,

My pc does not see my TOMTOM. I been all over the TT site and followed their adviseries. When all is said....its my computer that is not seeing the attached satnav via my usb cable.

1. The USB port is fine.
2. The USB cable is fine.
3. I look in device manager and all seems well, no yellow x .
4. The correct TT software package is installed.
5. My TT personal page shows no TT device attached when it is?
6. All anti virus and firewall apps have been temp shut off while trying to update...as TT advised.

My map updates are needed for my driving job, can you list several things to check or install. I can only suspect that an installed programe is causing the problem BUT which one?

I will att an image of my device manager USB settings.

All good advice welcome.

Berne
chair.gif

Attachments

• ONE.jpg
    ONE.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 303
  • TWO.jpg
    TWO.jpg
    133.5 KB · Views: 301
  • THREE.JPG
    THREE.JPG
    124 KB · Views: 271
To be clear .......

You are using MyTomTom (get it at tomtom.com/getstarted) and not Home 2 with that device?

What browser and operating system do you have?

If you have a VIA (or any of the new generation of TomToms) you will not see it on your PC as a new "disk drive". This is normal and as designed.

These TomToms now connect as network adapters and the user is not able to see the file structure. The only way to add stuff to them is by using the MyTomTom software (to be installed on the PC).

As dhn says... is that what you've been doing so far? Is it that MyTomTom is not seeing the unit when it is connected?

To be clear .......

You are using MyTomTom (get it at tomtom.com/getstarted) and not Home 2 with that device?

What browser and operating system do you have?
I am seeing that he has MyTT 3.2.0.906 loaded. So it comes down to whether or not the systray icon and browser show up.

To the OP. There is a small TomTom icon that should appear in your systray when MyTomTom is running. Can you locate that? If so, click on that and take a screen shot of what results when your unit is connected.

Hi,

All you guys need to know is that when all items are connected....and I hit the green MyTOMTOM button its the number two option that requests I connect the device ...yet it has been connected .....

Yes the systray icon is there and functions well .

Not sure if its MYTT not seeing the connected unit or the pc interior settings are out of sync and hence what MYTT may not be seeing the unit?

Back we go to the pc settings.....what screeenshots would you now like?

I wish TT would employ a Remote Software Engineer to simply tweak any out of sync settings.

All good advice welcome,

Bernevia

Forgetting the green MYTomTom button for a moment (I'm not yet interested in what the items there do, just what they say), what shows up in the top dark green bar (not the lighter green one underneath) when you click on the systray item? I want to see if MyTomTom EVER saw your device. There should be a clue there.

Next, don't worry over what Device Manager says about your USB devices - it's plugged into a USB port, but it won't show up as a USB device. Your Via 125 will show up as a "Network adapter" (Yes, really. The 125 is a little mini-server). Check there with the device connected and see what shows up.

Also, when the VIA is connected, do you get a small PC icon in the bottom left corner of the VIA's screen?

Do you see these on your computer when you connect the USB and click the red TomTom icon in the systray?

Attachments

• Screen027.png
    Screen027.png
    53 KB · Views: 254
  • Screen029.png
    Screen029.png
    34.3 KB · Views: 289

Ask a Question