Open TomTom from another App

Hi

I'm a developer and would like to have a button in my App, that has a "Navigate Here" which opens TomTom with a particular destination set by my App

A few questions:

Is this possible?

Is there a TomTom URL scheme to do this?

Can I pass an entire itinerary or just one destination at a time?

Many thanks,

Mark

I know you can pass a detination

I'm not an expert on TomTom, but I know you can at least to the following.

I you are in a a route, you can go into the route options and "share" your route via email. This will generate a email that has a URL. This will show you how to pass a location.

I'm not sure if there is a more complete method -- to pass an entire route -- or if there are other methods. The generated URL has the verb "show," so I assume that might be other actions, but I have no information except what I have observed externally.

Tomtom has an "add to Tomtom" feature where web developers can add buttons on their website, and the iPhone app will route to the location (the same feature works in Tomtom HOME for PND).

I'm sure with some research you could simulate that call, or at worse have the app open a broswer with addto in the url.

http://www.tomtom.com/addto/index.php

You can actually do something like this if your iPhone is jailbroken. This tweak is for jailbroken devices and it's called "NavigatefromMaps"

This tweak enhances the Maps app by adding a ‘Navigate Here With TomTom’ button to the info view of search result or a drop pin. Now you can search or plan for where you need to go much faster and easier in Maps but still navigate there with TomTom.

It works great! I use it on my iPad.

navigatefrommaps.png

Ask a Question