Anyone else purchase a plain tomtom one and open the box to find SD slot ,blutooth

Just wanted to know, the one i purchased said tomtom one and was in a green box.It made no mention of SD card or ability to add external anttena. Anyways it appears to be a new edition v4 according to the product code card.Maybe i got lucky, got it at future shop for 129.99 cdn.

The one immediate difference in appearance between the two models is that the new cardless one has a frame around the screen that is solid silver in color, while the earlier V2 model has a black band between the screen and the silver. It would be interesting to know whether the illustration on your box was an accurate representation of what was inside. Might help other folk spot the remaining V2s out there.

mine has the black band between the screen and silver trim,,but it definitly is new edition version 4,,, it has internal and sd slot,,,maybe just updated software from the v2????

There is a strong belief here that the LE version is essentially if not totally identical to the V2, simply updated with new software and maps, repackaged, and renamed. In the US they were sold only at BestBuy. Since they were apparently made from left over parts (or entire units), there was not an infinite supply of them. On-line sales sold out very quickly.

But V4 is not a term I'm familiar with. Perhaps TomTom did the same sort of thing with Future Shop in Canada but gave it a different name?

Bottom line appears to be: Black band = SD slot!

Ask a Question