ONE XL - Brazil Version

Hi All
I'm new and unexperienced user. Ive just bought a ONE XL - Brazil version and a Sandisk 2GG card.
How do I proceed to use. Is it possible to have all files in both memory (internal and external)?

If I just copy (using card reader) from TT to card, will it work?

Thks in advance
Fabio

Hi All
I'm new and unexperienced user. Ive just bought a ONE XL - Brazil version and a Sandisk 2GG card.
How do I proceed to use. Is it possible to have all files in both memory (internal and external)?

If I just copy (using card reader) from TT to card, will it work?

Thks in advance
Fabio

Fabio....welcome.

With your model, both the operating system AND the map MUST be in the same location, either internal memory or sd card. You can use Explorer to move the files from internal memory to the card.

By the way, I saw your offer about sharing maps in another thread. Not only are maps associated with one specific device but the sharing of maps is against copyright laws.

Also.....just for your safety, backup the entire contents of your unit using Explorer to a folder on your computer, just in case anything goes wrong.

Explorer is a better choice than using TomTom Home's backup function since, it has been reported, that sometimes files get missed using TomTom Home.

Make sure you have Windows set to show ALL files before the backup so that certain 'hidden' files on your unit get backed up properly.

Problem

hi Dhn

I've performed tha way just said. But not work! See what happen:

#with the sd installed, the device doesnt turn on.
#i have to remove the card, wait some seconds, turn without the sd quickly insert the sd
#with the sd installed, but with charger on it, it works.

isnt strange? i can assure that the device is fully charged and the files in the card is the same in the device.

hi Dhn

I've performed tha way just said. But not work! See what happen:

#with the sd installed, the device doesnt turn on.
#i have to remove the card, wait some seconds, turn without the sd quickly insert the sd
#with the sd installed, but with charger on it, it works.

isnt strange? i can assure that the device is fully charged and the files in the card is the same in the device.
With the unit off, try inserting the disk. If it doesn't come on, try the pin reset with the disk in.

Ask a Question