Brazilie

TomTom Model(s)
one xl live
Ik gebruik nu een maand of 18 mijn TomTom met de kaart van Brazilie die ik medio 2010 via de site van TomTom in NL heb gekocht. De kaart bestrijkt lang niet het hele Braziliaanse wegennet en ook lang niet alle steden. Dat was bekend toen ik de kaart kocht dus daar klaag ik niet over.
Echter, de kaarten van steden, ook die van de dichtbevolkte staat Sao Paulo, zijn op veel plaatsen niet up-to-date bijv. 1-richting verkeer is vaak niet of verkeerd aangegeven; een route langs een stad met een rondweg zoals Campinas wordt door de TomTom gepland dwars door het centrum van de stad (met 1,5 miljoen inwoners), etc,
Ook komt het regelmatig voor dat ik volgens de TomTom 200 meter van een 4 of 6-baans weg af zit, ergens in de bush dus, terwijl ik natuurlijk echt gewoon op de weg rijd. Kortom als dit gebeuren zo in Europa of de VS zou worden afgeleverd en (tenminste) 18 maanden lang ook niet wordt verbeterd (helemaal geen of hele kleine updates in al die tijd) dan zou TomTom niet erg populair zijn. Weet iemand wat TomTom van plan is mbt. hun deelname op de Braziliaanse markt; is er binnen afzienbare tijd verbetering van de kaart informatie te verwachten of hadden ze eigenlijk helemaal geen Braziliaanse kaart moeten uitgeven en kan ik beter alsnog iets anders uitkiezen?

Ik gebruik nu een maand of 18 mijn TomTom met de kaart van Brazilie die ik medio 2010 via de site van TomTom in NL heb gekocht. De kaart bestrijkt lang niet het hele Braziliaanse wegennet en ook lang niet alle steden. Dat was bekend toen ik de kaart kocht dus daar klaag ik niet over.
Echter, de kaarten van steden, ook die van de dichtbevolkte staat Sao Paulo, zijn op veel plaatsen niet up-to-date bijv. 1-richting verkeer is vaak niet of verkeerd aangegeven; een route langs een stad met een rondweg zoals Campinas wordt door de TomTom gepland dwars door het centrum van de stad (met 1,5 miljoen inwoners), etc,

Ook komt het regelmatig voor dat ik volgens de TomTom 200 meter van een 4 of 6-baans weg af zit, ergens in de bush dus, terwijl ik natuurlijk echt gewoon op de weg rijd. Kortom als dit gebeuren zo in Europa of de VS zou worden afgeleverd en (tenminste) 18 maanden lang ook niet wordt verbeterd (helemaal geen of hele kleine updates in al die tijd) dan zou TomTom niet erg populair zijn. Weet iemand wat TomTom van plan is mbt. hun deelname op de Braziliaanse markt; is er binnen afzienbare tijd verbetering van de kaart informatie te verwachten of hadden ze eigenlijk helemaal geen Braziliaanse kaart moeten uitgeven en kan ik beter alsnog iets anders uitkiezen?

Since this is primarily an English-speaking forum, here is a rough Babylon website translation in hopes someone can help . . .

'' I now use a month or 18 my TomTom with the map of Brazil which i in mid-2010 through the site of TomTom in NL i bought. The map covers a long way from the entire Brazilian road network and also not all towns and cities. It was known when I bought the card so that I am not complaining. However, the maps of cities, including those of the most densely populated state of Sao Paulo, have in many places not up-to-date eg.

'"We also regularly for at i according to the TomTom 200 meters of a 4 or 6-baans road, somewhere in the bush so, while I of course could really just on the road drive. In short if this happen as in Europe or the USA would be delivered and (at least) 18 months also is not improved (not at all or very small updates in all that time) than would be TomTom not very popular. Anyone know what TomTom is planning mbt."

Google Translate makes a slightly better stab at it...

I now use one month or 18 my TomTom with the map of Brazil that I mid 2010 via the TomTom website in NL've bought. The map covers not nearly the entire Brazilian roads and not all cities. That was known when I bought the card so I'm not complaining about.
However, the maps of cities, including those of the populous state of Sao Paulo, in many places not up-to-date, eg 1-way traffic is often not or incorrectly specified, a route along a city ring road is like Campinas by TomTom scheduled through the center of the city (1.5 million inhabitants), etc,

Also, it frequently happens that, according to the TomTom 200 meters from a 4 or 6-lane road is somewhere in the bush so, while I obviously really just down the road driving. In short, if this happens as in Europe or the U.S. would be delivered and (at least) 18 months can not be improved (no or very minor updates in all that time) would TomTom not very popular. Does anyone know what TomTom intends regard. their participation in the Brazilian market is foreseeable future improvement of the map information expected or they had not really Brazilian card to spend and I should still something else?

So I think the gist of it is
1. the map of Brazil is crap
2. The updates of the map have not made any serious improvements
3. If TT tried to sell updated maps this bad in Europe or the US, they would not be very popular
4. Does anyone have any ideas about whet they are going to do about it?

with my thanks to the Google translator and my apologies for writing in Dutch, here is my English translation:
For the past 18 months I have been using my TomTom with the map of Brazil, that I purchased form the site of TomTom in The Netherlands around the middel of 2010.The map does not cover the complete Brazilian road network nor does it cover all Brazilian cities. That was made clear on the TomTom site when I got the map so I cannot really complain about that.
However, the maps of the cities, also of those in the densely populated state of Sao Paulo, are in many cases not up-to-date. For example, one-way traffic is often not or incorrectly programmed; a route past a city of 1,5 million inhabitants like Campinas that can and should be circumnavigated is instead planned by my TomTom to go right through the city center.
It also happens regularly that my TomTom places me 200 meters off a 4 or 6 lane highway, i.e. in the bush, while I am really driving on the highway.
In short if this “happening” would be supplied in this way in Europe or the US and if it would also not be put right during (at least) 18 months (I saw no or only very minor updates during all that time), TomTom would no have been very popular.
Would anyone know what TomTom plans to do with regard to their participation on the Brazilian market: can one in the foreseeable future expect an improvement in the map information or should they have refrained altogether from publishing a Brazilian map and would I do better to choose a different car navigator?

... and would I do better to choose a different car navigator?
Does any other company do a better job? There are two primary makers of maps for consumer GPS devices .. Teleatlas (used and owned by TomTom) and NavTeq (owned by Nokia and used by Garmin). There are also a few minor players out there. What GPS devices do you see being used in Brazil that produce a better result?

as a user, driving around mainly in 1 area in Brazil (size = USA less Alaska) it's impossible to say what, if any, improvements TT is making or if Garmin is doing a better job. What TT should do is specify the product, in this case the map of Brazil, when they offer it for sale and when they offer improvements. The info provided on the TT site when I purchased the Brazil map was rudimentary and if I had not already owned the 'One XL' I would have looked for a better specified map-product on different hardware. The cost/benefit of digitizing and correcting the often inaccurate Brazilian maps and related traffic info will obviously be a problem for any supplier. However, that is not my problem; if I can see what I am buying I can make a considered decision. TT is now apparently offering an 60 euro map update for Brazil, but again without saying what additions and improvements they are providing and they are really the only one who are able to tell us that. At TT they surely know how other software providers sum up the improvements from one version to the next...
If TT provides a Brazil map showing that it is obviously a lot better than what they sold me before, I'll buy it. Until that time I'll supplement the present TT directions with the directions from passers-by; its cheaper and about as certain as TT's info. Adds to the adventure....

Staff online

Members online

Latest resources

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvic

Latest Threads

Back