One V3 Completely Dead after Map Update

One V3 Completely Dead after Map Update (Problem Solved)

Hello,

This is my first post, after extensive reading and searching in the forum. If this has been asked before, I apologize.

I've had my TomTom One for about 8 months now. It was bought in Germany and lives with me in Spain. Since then, we've covered 6-7 countries and about 6000 km together. It's been a loyal and reliable companion all along.

Upon returning from my last trip, I decided to update the device from the official website. The process went smoothly, but problems began shortly thereafter. At first, it would remain stuck on the splash screen and not continue to the application. I thought the battery might be weak, so I plugged it in for a few hours to charge. Tried again - same result, and then it shut down. From that point on, it did not respond to any buttons, did not turn on or get recognized by the computer, and the most bizarre thing - It didn't charge anymore. The green LEDs on the charger and the unit stopped working. Needless to say, pin reset was not possible. Pressing the power button for 20 seconds had no effect either.

If you have any ideas on what might have happened, or suggestions on how to proceed, I'd love to hear them.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
Solution

Ok, problem fixed. Here's how:

When tested with a different car charger, the device started up and froze on the splash screen again. After about a minute, the application came up and now it is fully functional.

The charging issue was therefore due to a faulty charger. Pure coincidence. The loading issue was probably due to the update. Apparently, on first startup, some additional time is required to reload the system files.

The device is Ok and I'm happy once again. This must be the fastest self-closing thread in this forum. :rolleyes:

Ask a Question