CSR's going completely offshore 8/11

TomTom Model(s)
one xl
Just got off the phone with an actual US based CSR. Called regarding issues with my via 1435tm. He told me that all CSR work will be farmed offshore as of 8/11/11.

Also, said that (what seems to be agreed upon at large) the purchasing of maps, community shared poi's and voices, etc., will be coming (but in months, not weeks). That the Via was rushed to market with the knowledge that it was a completely unfinished piece of work.

I still don't understand why adding "community content" isn't available in the US yet.

The hardware must be capable of it, and the versions of MyTomTom that enable it are available in Europe.
And most importantly, the process doesn't seem to require any input from TomTom's servers at all, it's all done in the user's PC.

So why can't you guys have it?

So why can't you guys have it?
For the same reason that they won't let us have a dock that gives us audio out for the 740 - they don't love us over here.

Ask a Question