TT GO 730, looks like completely dead :-(

hello guys,

i really need your help.
I didn't use my TomTom for approximately one month.
Yesterday i wanted to use it again, but it didn't react on start button at all...

I thought it is battery, so i went without navigation, i just kept it in the car pluggen in the electricity..
I thought he will wake up when he get some energy...

But he didn't. I tried to make also Reser (about 20 seconds pressed reset button) (few times) but no reaction at all.
Only thing what it does is that green light is on and signalize that is charging.....

What can i do?
How can i get it work again?

Marek

in car charger it was about 2-2.5 hours.. I think long enough at least to start..
but nothing..
and today at work i had it 1 hour charging trough usb cable..

Sounds as if it may be a warranty issue since circuitry doesn't seem to be holding charge.

One more time, for the heck of it, do a pin reset but only for about 3-4 seconds. Then try to turn it on.

i tried, but again no reaction :-(
i wrote also to tomtom support and they wrote me back to charge it for few hours and then to try to restart it again...

if it will not help, i should send them serial number... i don't know for what

They may have a bad buch of units out there that they can track by serial number; as well, knowing the serial number allows them to know if it is still under warranty or a refurbished unit.

So when you plug the unit into the computer, Windows doesn't recognize that a new external drive has bee connected via USB?

Then I really don't know what to tell you.

This is a REAL shot in the dark:
1. Download a 8.351 application from here.
2. Get a sdhc card and insert into a card reader on your computer.
3. Expand the contents of the cab file to the sdhc card using winrar or equivalent
4. Insert the card into the unit and see if it boots up now.

If not...............I just don't know what repair facilities for out of warranty products there are for your country. I know there are a couple in the UK you might be able to send the unit to.

Try to connect the unit to usb/charger and reset it (I mean - press a reset button when the unit is charging. Don't hold the reset button for a long time, just press and release). Then try to power it on by pressing a power button for about 5 sec.

Last edited:
Hi,

I am also facing the same kind of problem. I haven't used my Go 730 more than a month. After that when i connected it to my car charger, the screen is very dull and its kind a flickery.. Unable to see the details completely. But the voice commands are working properly.. By guess when i tried to enter some address to navigate, then its telling the voice commands correctly. Only the display is gone.

Any help here would be really appreciated.

Well, standard suggestions to try..............

First, make a complete Explorer, not Home, backup of your unit's contents

Then, in order to try:
1. A pin reset
2. The Clear Flash tool found here
3. Uninstall and reinstall the application
4. Making sure you have the Explorer backup, reformat your internal drive and use Explorer for the restore.

If you've gotten here without success, it may be the battery dying or some other hardware issue.

Ask a Question