One 3rd edition starts with Diagnostic Screen

My new (for me...refurbished by TomTom) One 3rd edition starts with a diagnostic screen. It has 8 boxes (green and black) down the Right hand Side of the screen and numerous diags on the LHS such as memory, GPS, linux, Flash Says it's GPS Firmware: OLD (NMEA mode). If i touch one of the diags it goes and does a test like GL test.
But then I can't even turn it off. i have to reset the device for it to even come back to that screen.
It never gets past this diag screen.
If I try and reset by holding down the bottom right and the power button, it jsut shows a lot of meaningful writing and stay ticking away at that for however long I hold both areas down.
I have no idea what to do with the device that would be kind to it.

Has anyone ever seen this weird behaviour?

thankyou,
John Bradshaw

Weird, sounds as if there is a problem with the bootloader in the memory not doing its work.

Afraid a call to Aussie support may be necessary:

Australia 1300 135 604 Monday - Friday: 09:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. EST

I have only seen this once before which involved a 910 that had been sent for repair, the only way around this was to send it back to TomTom to get them to install the true software rather than the in house test code - Mike

Ask a Question