ONE 130 Earphone

Hi does anybody know if you can plug in a mini USB cell phone headset? I have a ONE 130, that I would like to use on my Motorcycle.
Dave

You could probably plug one in but it certainly won't work - The only option really is to fit a 2,5MM audio output socket to the device (the 3,5MM socket is too large to fit) - these are not difficult to install assuming you can use a soldering iron, performing such a modification to the device will void any warranty you have - Mike

AFAIK only the HTC and MWg phones use the 11 pin mini USB socket that is wired for headphones/ charge/ serial data and aerial etc, it would be a neat idea if TomTom were to addopt this connection but I somehow doubt they will undertake such a change until the next new hardware is on the design phase if at all - Mike

You could probably plug one in but it certainly won't work - The only option really is to fit a 2,5MM audio output socket to the device (the 3,5MM socket is too large to fit) - these are not difficult to install assuming you can use a soldering iron, performing such a modification to the device will void any warranty you have - Mike

So how would I go abut this with my new(refurbed go 730) ??

I need turn by turn in the helmet.

With the 730 you have a number of options, firstly (and safer) is to use the Bluetooth option, you will need a pair of bluetooth A2DP profile earphones that will fit under your helmet, then go to Change Preferences/ Speaker Preferences and select Bluetooth for the audio outputs.
Or for a wired connection simply plug your earphones in to the line out socket on the base of the TomTom and select Line Out from the speaker preferences - Mike

Ask a Question