New via 130 not charging

TomTom Model(s)
via 130
Hi, I have a brand new Tomtom Via 130 and it will not charge from my PC or the supplied car USB charger.

Is there anything I can try before returning it?
Thanks

When you connect the device to the computer, does it show a little computer symbol on the screen or a battery? Also, when connecting using the car charger, is it showing a battery on the screen?

Also, are you sure you've inserted the micro usb plug completely into the unit? It can be a bit of a tight fit.

It shows the little computer symbol on the screen but not a battery icon and all updates work. It also operates fine if plugged into power.
In the settings it always says it is on battery power with 0% charge and it switches off as soon as it is unplugged from power.

If it consistently operates correctly when plugged into power, but refuses to charge, I'm afraid you'll be needing to take that one back to the store for a swap. Sounds like it came with a defective battery or charging circuit (probably the former).

Just had exactly the same problem and sending mine back to Amazon too. Suspect manufacturing batch?

Probably - Amazon were brilliant. Emailed me labels etc to send back old one but dispatched a new one immediately so I was never without my satnav.

Have mine repackaged to go back and have another one on automatic re-order so hope that the replacement doesn't have the same fault. Agree about Amazon service being top class.

Used the on-line chat with TomTom and they offered to repair but given it only arrived today decided a return was likely to be quickest way to get a fully functional unit. Fingers crossed

Ask a Question