On-Screen Keyboard issue

TomTom Model(s)
TomTom GO 510
Ok, so out of the three threads that come up for the search term "keyboard", no one's mentioned this, so I'm wondering if it's just me.

I've noticed that when I'm typing on the on-screen QWERTY keyboard, sometimes if I fat-finger the keys or hit a spot between the keys, the TT will go to the next screen, or it'll be as if I clicked the Back button, even when I've clicked on the entire opposite side of the screen.

I changed to the ABCDE keyboard because the buttons are bigger and I thought it may help, but I find that it's the same problem even with that keyboard.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have... I just deal with it or ...hehe... I stole my wife's ...what do you call it? little pen thing from her palm pilot.

The thing that kills me is there's no "Recalibrate Screen" option. What kind of touch screen device doesn't allow you to calibrate the screen? LOL :)

Oh, and the Pen thingy... it's a stylus. I'm just afraid of using one of those while I'm driving ;)

The best advise is to plan ahead before driving. I know there are times when we need to find an alternative route or a POI. Like Battom said, one will learn to use one's pinky :).

I'm glad my 910 comes with a remote. I use it all the time:D

Oh yeah.... I forgot the 910 comes with a remote... :(
Well my ONE is nice and compact. I can carry it in my shirt pocket when I leave the car. Can you?

Anyway... yeah I have fat finger syndrome real bad. So I have learned to roll my hand over and use my finger-nail instead of the rounded tip of my finger...seems to work better. Just need to work on my finger-nail to eye coordination...

I do miss the remote of the 910.... surprising just how useful that thing really is! :)

I have a remote for my one it usally just to the right of me and in my world we call her my wife. lol Ok have to go before she reads this bye ........ :D :p

The thing that kills me is there's no "Recalibrate Screen" option. What kind of touch screen device doesn't allow you to calibrate the screen?
Well, you are wrong and right together.
tomtom1.jpg

I know it's a GO 300 but they have it all. Look at the line "Touchscreen calib.data". We have had a member of our german meintomtom.de forum who got his TomTom back from them after repair. A service technician forgot to deinstall a diagnostic software and from this moment he was able to do exactly what you are looking for. I agree that this is not the same because it's not part of the fw. But think of all the amateurs who fumble with varius additional buttons until they see...nothing. What a mess for TomTom!
Oskar

Edit Found a picture of the tool, there you go.
277701977_dccc92255a_d.jpg

Last edited:
At risk of sounding like a jerk, isn't your asking for this "TomTom Tech Support Tool" a little contradictory? I mean, in other threads, I've seen you say that attempting to use Computer Voices on a TT GO 510 is a violation of the license agreement and would be considered stealing/hacking... and yet on this thread, I see you asking for a tool that presumably isn't licensed for public use?

Just playing Devil's Advocate ;)

I was merely asking if the tool was available. If you know that it's licensed, then that answers my question. And we can't get it....

Thanks!

I was merely asking if the tool was available. If you know that it's licensed, then that answers my question. And we can't get it....

Thanks!

LOL, I'm just bustin' your chops, it's all good :) I was only assuming it was licensed as he stated that the tech support guys "forgot" to remove it from his TT :)

Guten Abend, Oskar!

Please get in touch with me. I think my address is available since I am not paranoid, but here it is again - just in case:

(e-mail address removed)

I use the ABC layout and the "other end" of a pencil. Thus there's no danger of scratching the screen surface. It's even better for finding places on the map, especially when scrolling and zooming. No finger tip can match the accuracy.

Ask a Question