No voice input

Yes, that is correct.

Try this...do a manual Navigate to-->Select State, then City, then street, then number. Once done, is there VR available?

I added Spoken dialog to my Preferences and when I click on the Quick Menu green arrow a screen with spoked dialog appears and is highlighted. However when I click on it the following response appears at the top right of the screen "speech recognition files not installed".

But did you go through the steps Germamerican thoughtfully provided?

I had not seen his post when I made my last one. I have now done what he suggested and now have the spoken address icon!! Thanks to all of you for your help, I sure do appreciate it.

I'm glad that helped. The strange thing is that these instructions are provided for the 740 but not the 630 on tomtom.com.

I'm glad that helped. The strange thing is that these instructions are provided for the 740 but not the 630 on tomtom.com.

I didn't think I had read that anywhere. Now if I can get thewireless connection deal to work with my Razr phone I'll be good!

Try this:

Wirless Data Settings on the TomTom for AT&T:

username:

password: CINGULAR1
Number Dialed: *99***1#
Initialization String: +cgdcont=1,"IP","WAP.CINGULAR"

Settings on the phone:

APN: wap.cingular
username:

Try this:

Wirless Data Settings on the TomTom for AT&T:

username:

Number Dialed: *99***1#
Initialization String: +cgdcont=1,"IP","WAP.CINGULAR"

Settings on the phone:

APN: wap.cingular
username:

Germerican, thanks for this info but I've only had the unit a few days and am a novice at this so I do not have a clue on ow to do what you say. When I do try to use the wireless connection it goes to the 60-65% complete range then says "Unable to set up...." and asks if I want to try another phone. This is after it has asked me for the phone model (Razr 3vx), country (USA) and carrier (AT&T). Does that help any?

Repeat the process but don't use "AT&T". Those settings refer to the old AT&T before it was acquired by Cingular a few years back.

Instead choose "Cingular Medianet" as your carrier and you'll be fine.

And make sure you're paying for the AT&T data plan for your phone.

Repeat the process but don't use "AT&T". Those settings refer to the old AT&T before it was acquired by Cingular a few years back.

Instead choose "Cingular Medianet" as your carrier and you'll be fine.

And make sure you're paying for the AT&T data plan for your phone.

Thank you mvl, it is now working great. I really do appreciate all the information you all have furnished, what a great group!!

I too wanted to thank the two that helped on this issue. I came here searching for this exact thing, as I was stumped as to why my voice input was all of a sudden inoperable.

Kudos to people that are willing to help in forums like these.

Thanks Again:)

Ask a Question