No traffic service?

TT-one and a Jabra A210

Leave it to me to complicate The Bluetooth issue again....

using a Sprint MM7500 with a JABRA A210 bluetooth adapter since the phone is not a true Bluetooth phone. The adapter works fine with the EarPiece but I cannot get the TomTom one to recognize the presents of a BlueTooth device.....Is the Jabra A210 compatible with the TomTom one?

Thanks

The One can't do Hands-free calling. It only using the Bluetooth Connectivity for access to TomTom PLUS Services.
Also only the TT Rider can connect to a bluetooth earpiece.

Hi,

in Europe this service isn?t free. It costs ~40?/year (~52$) for only the traffic info and ~50?/year (~65$) for traffic info plus safety cameras info. I think the price will be about the same in the US beginning of next year, once the free trial periode is over.

regards
JB

The One can't do Hands-free calling. It only using the Bluetooth Connectivity for access to TomTom PLUS Services.
Also only the TT Rider can connect to a bluetooth earpiece.

Many "unsupported" phones (like Blackberries) will mate with tomtoms for hands free calling only, but you are limited to having the tomtom be the bluetooth device. That means, you will listen through the tomtom speaker (works OK) and talk through the built-in microphone (works terrible - too far away) or the wired tomtom microphone (works good if mounted close).

The problem is that TomTom isn't a US company and we're not their primary market.

Garmin (based in KC) uses the Clear Channel FM traffic channel for their traffic updates (just like you see on the new RDX commericals). TomTom hasn't implemented this because it feels like the US market is an afterthought to their bread and butter of Western Europe. If only TomTom would allow BOTH so US users could get the OPEN FM traffic updates.

As far as I know, there is no internet based system for TomTom to just tap into like there is in western europe, although it would be nice to see them able to tap into Georgia Navigator and Tennessee's DOT page's info for some kind of useful adaptation. I think a lot of US users feel a bit high-jacked when they got the PLUS email about the Netherlands' traffic service.

Garmin Traffic info: Traffic
Nationwide FM Traffic Coverage: FM Traffic

Last edited:
I stand corrected....

I scoured the TT pages and on the 910 I found this:

"TMC support: Access TMC* traffic information via your GO.
*Optional TomTom RDS/TMC traffic receiver required. (Coming Soon)"

It's not on the 510 or the ONE. Yay, we're all hung out to dry. Here's hoping TT announced a USB input device that hooks us up with a better mount and TMC traffic capability.

Specking of traffic

I have traffic with my ONE connects with with my Blue tooth ' But I have found that it does not give very good info on the traffic here in the philly area any one else have this problem ?

I have traffic with my ONE connects with with my Blue tooth ' But I have found that it does not give very good info on the traffic here in the philly area any one else have this problem ?

I haven't used the traffic functionality much here in Los Angeles to give it a good critique, you would think it would be helpful, but during rush hour all the freeways are jammed and i usually take surface streets, which the TT can't help me with. What I am hoping is that someday, when enough people have TTs, they will be able to gather anonymous data and give average speed data on all the roads that other tom tom owners are driving on :)

I haven't used the traffic functionality much here in Los Angeles to give it a good critique, you would think it would be helpful, but during rush hour all the freeways are jammed and i usually take surface streets, which the TT can't help me with. What I am hoping is that someday, when enough people have TTs, they will be able to gather anonymous data and give average speed data on all the roads that other tom tom owners are driving on :)

I'm also in the Philly area. Terrible data here and everywhere else I've been. It either has no traffic data or the information is outdated. As far as realtime tracking; a more accurate method is one being applied in the Netherlands. The cellular carriers are able to triangulate traffic patterns (not based on specific individual usage, but simply by monitoring the large numbers of subscriber pings between handsets and towers and then applying that information to the roads and how quickly or slowly an automobile is moving along routes). This seems to have no privacy implications since it doesn't track any specific individuals and is annonymous, and it gives an extremely accurate picture of traffic on (theoretically) all the roads. The data is then relayed via the PLUS service back to the TomTom, and the device can decide what the best route is.

I'm looking forward to the US carriers working together with some sort of traffic monitoring so that the data can be available to those of us with TomTom's or other GPS devices.

Last edited:
Samsung SGH-D807

I have a TomTom GO 910 and a Samsung SGH-D807 cell phone. I just drove to Indy and back to Clearwater Fl., the unit worked well. I learned a few things about it and have much more to learn.

What I would like is the weather and traffic features. I?m not even sure these features are available in the U.S.?

When I?ve tried to connect to traffic or weather and I turn on the TT I get an audio connect message on the phone, I can connect to the cell phone, call out and answerer calls through the TT with no problems.

I get DUN connect to TT it starts to check wireless data connection and gets to around 65% stops and asks if I want to select phone model from list?
However, the Samsung SGH-D807 cell phone is not one of the choices, they have a D800 but this will not work.

After a while it stops and asks if I want to set it up manually. This is way far out of my zip code. It asks for my IP addresses, DNS numbers. I?m lost in TomTom space.

Any ideas or correct direction, can I take the unit some place to have it connected?

Thanks and Happy New Year to all,

Jim

i have a moto q , just need to know the settings to setup my tomtom one (updated firmware,etc) and my sprint moto Q .this is for tomtom plus/traffic service.

i have a moto q , just need to know the settings to setup my tomtom one (updated firmware,etc) and my sprint moto Q .this is for tomtom plus/traffic service.

Bringing this thread back to life... I have a Samsung A920, i have set up the TT910 manually for my phone, does it cost anything when i use the weather or traffic on my TT. HOw much does it cost a minute for the modem data usage? I checked with sprintpcs online but nothing shows up.

Bringing this thread back to life... I have a Samsung A920, i have set up the TT910 manually for my phone, does it cost anything when i use the weather or traffic on my TT. HOw much does it cost a minute for the modem data usage? I checked with sprintpcs online but nothing shows up.

data charges will be completely up to your provider and you'll definitely want to check into it as the costs will add up quickly.

anyone know how long the free trial lasts? does it require a credit card? thanks

Typically, they just give you a month free but they have kept extending the deadline. Right now, my trial ends on November 26th so if you activate your trial and ends before that date you can always call support and they will extend it for you.

You do not need a credit card, you can either call support and activate it or just go through the steps of enabling the option on your device and it should be activated.

Ask a Question