Go 730 Plus service traffic - Toronto

Hello

Horsed around with a Garmin 775T but returned it for various reasons...now trying a GO 730 bluetoothed to my blackberry. I have activated the 1 month trial for traffic. It's only been a couple of days but I am interested to hear from other users in the GTA....how well does this service work? I drive Kingston Rd or alternately the 401/DVP regularly.

I see some older threads on this but they are from a year ago......has the service improved?

Is the RDS TMC service better? I'd hoped to not have to go that route (pardon the pun) since I am not keen to add another wire dangling from the unit connected to the screen.

thanks for your responses

TomTom Traffic for Canada

Unless they've changed things, the Traffic service is not available for Canada @ the moment. They prompt to D/L the service, but it only works in Europe and the US last time I checked.

Have you ever seen it actually inform you of an impending jam?

Bill

I just did a plan route in Toronto to "fake my location" to check out the Toronto traffic.

The PLUS (bluetooth) traffic shows tons of incidents in Buffalo, but nothing in Toronto. So I'd agree that Tomtom isn't sending Toronto PLUS traffic data.

In the off-chance that the engine is country-specific, Zoom out in traffic "browse map" view and see if you get any toronto incidents. If you zoom out far enough you should get red dots for Buffalo incidents. If your experience is the same (dots in Buffalo, nothing in Toronto), I'd cancel the PLUS traffic subscription, and perhaps buy the ugly traffic receiver.

Ask a Question